J-frame carry method OTHER THAN pocket?

LH2

I know there's alot of J-frame fans here and most of you probably use a pocket holster. That's what I use sometimes as well, but I think depending on what I'm doing and wearing, IWB or OWB may work better.

Can you guys recommend some good holsters for concealing a centennial J-frame? Most of the time I'm wearing shorts & t-shirts or tucked-out button up shirts.

Oh, and where can I get a good gun belt to work with said holster setup?

Thanks for the help.

Dave Swaffield

Sir,
If I carry my model 37, I carry it on my left ankle, since it's so light. Perfect gun for that mode of carry. For my model 640, a Banarmi 'hip-grip' with a Tyler T-grip is perfect. In either mode, I forget the gun is there.
That's what's so nice about the little J-frame S&W's, they disappear when they're carried properly.
Semper fi,
Dave Swaffield

Jkwas

I use a Bianchi black widow. Doesn't stick out below the bottom of the belt, rides nice and high, and you don't even know it's there with a loose shirt.
attachment.php

Avizpls

Is that gun all the way in the hoslter for that photo? Just doesnt look right...or particularly safe

Doug.38PR

Often carry my Detective Special in a cheap $10 nylong clip holster and slip it on my belt. Cross draw or 3-4 o clock position. Works well when you are wearing jackets and windbreakers and are tired of the shoulder holster for hte larger service revolver.

DS2.jpg

Jkwas

Avizpls...

Here's a shot of Denfootes 605. The gun has a center of gravity at the cylinder. Not too much weight in the grip area. Also the thumb break keeps it secure.
M605Rig.jpg

Avizpls

Im just not so sure about the trigger being exposed. Not that I want to start a debate or anything. I am all about the DA safety in and of itself. I sometimes carry a DA in pocket w/ no holster. But OWB it seems too exposed to me.

Now I understand its not gonna fall out or something. I didnt notice the thumb break somehow.

denfoote

Is that gun all the way in the hoslter for that photo? Just doesnt look right...or particularly safe

You have already seen my 605.

I also have the M85SSUL, which fits the same.
The holster was designed for speed draw in a defensive situation. It is NOT a holster for the inexperienced!!!!! :eek:
"Keep yer booger hook off the bang button" is the formost rule when using this rig!! ;)

Dave85

Options...

Secure and fast (especially if you don't snap the retention strap):
De Santis Pancake.jpeg
Quick to get on and off the belt:
Fobus Paddle.jpeg
Holds it snugly, and is very fast:
Triple K Beltslide.jpeg
Just remember denfoote's admonition on the last one:
"Keep yer booger hook off the bang button" is the formost rule when using this rig!!

All will hide easily under a light jacket or a long untucked shirt, especially the beltslide.

Dogjaw

I see nothing wrong with the Black Widow. It doesn't matter that the trigger is exposed, because the revolver can not fire due to the thumb strap holding down the hammer. If you pull your weapon, no matter what the holster, the trigger is exposed.

jrfoxx

This is my 90% of the time carry rig, worn OWB, strong side. Its a S&W M637 38 spl with a vintage early-mid 70's S&W leather holster w/retention strap. It may not be the 'latest and greatest' setup, but it conceals great and is comfortable for me, and has a little 'style' too. :)
m637.jpg

kframe357

Don Hume J.I.T. holster with an S&W 36 is a nice combo. Fairly inexpensive holster too around $30. Got mine new in wrapper for $15 shipped from a good friend.

springmom

simple, and cheap

Iuse an Uncle Mike's Sidekick sized for my J-frame. Sits happily at 2:00, and even with a fairly light tee shirt, you can't see it.

Springmom