It's a sickness, I cannot lie...

JERRYS.

the .32 is the crack cocaine of the gun world. you don't want to do it but once you do you're addicted and cant get enough.

jar

Jar; That Beretta .32 of yours... Damn I want that! :D. That is slick.

Beretta has always done 32acp well.

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

micromontenegro

I got the bug too. In a few months, a PPK/L, a S&W 31, a Colt Pocket Positive and an FN 1910 have followed me home, along with two die sets!

Edited to add: And a Police Positive in 32-40, but that's not what I think about when I think about 32s, if you get my drift.

SIGSHR

A CZ-27 and a Mauser M1914 here. Skeeter Skelton mention getting a Colt SAA in 32-20 when he left the Marine Corps in 1946 and regretted selling it, he wrote an article about a cowboy he called "Print Reed' who carried a 32-30-"don't kick as much."

jar

I got the bug too. In a few months, a PPK/L, a S&W 31, a Colt Pocket Positive and an FN 1910 have followed me home, along with two die sets!

Edited to add: And a Police Positive in 32-40, but that's not what I think about when I think about 32s, if you get my drift.
I've been looking for a nice shooter grade FN 1910.

"And a Police Positive in 32-40"

The .32-40 is a rifle cartridge, the .32-20 is chambered in handguns.

And, the .32-20 won't fit in the Police Positive frame, only the longer Police Positive Special.

What I really like about my PPS in .32-20 is that it's a bit smaller and lighter than my K frame .32-20.

Bill DeShivs

I have quite a few pistols in .32 acp.
I have been looking for a good seal on an older .32 S&W long revolver for quite a while. Nothing yet.

McShooty

For the OP who wants a 32 that won't break the bank, I recommend the H&R 732 "Guardsman." It has cylinder swing-out design and is relatively strong, relatively accurate, and relatively :) well made (in America). A Smith&Wesson Model 30 or 31 is of higher quality but will cost you at least $600. Sometime you can find a Colt Police Positive for less than $400.

ThomasT

Actually the 732 was the original gun chambered in 32mag and since it was not as strong as a S&W or other top brand the original 32 mag loads were reduced to be safe in that gun. And since the 32 H&R Mag was H&Rs baby they could do that.

If you want to shoot full power 32 mag loads get a gun that will handle them. The 732 is better with mid range loads. Not a bad gun just not up to what other guns in this caliber can handle.

shurshot

The .32 S&W short, fires an 88 grain pill at about BB gun speed... not very impressive. The .32 Long isn't much better.

jar

Nope, no Tomcat. No real interest in the micro .32s.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I find the TomCat an exception among micro handguns with a grip that is large enough for control and comfort. Certainly worth a try should one be available.

Don Fischer

I've never been a huge fan of using handgun for something I could use a rifle on. But have always had a few around and like taking them out now and then Plinking. Have 2 32's right now. A Savage mod 1917 in 32 S&W I seldom get out as it's and auto loader and I'm not big on auto loaders except for self defense. The other is my favorite, it's a mod 16 S&W in 32 long and about the most accurate handgun I've ever had. About all I shoot it it are 95gr Cast RN bullet's, cast from wheel weight's. I suppose some day I should actually shoot some handguns at paper target's again. But, I was so bad last time I just didn't want to humiliate myself again! Most my handgun shooting is about 25 yds or less, that's a guess, actually 25 pace's or less! I had a bunch of old Super Balislite powder some years back and found data for it, I don't do hot loads. Used the same 95gr cast RN bullet with it. Fired it into an old down log and a about 20 paces the bullet's hit and bounced back at me and actually hit me! Didn't hurt one bit! I use Red Dot in it these days and bullet's don't bounce off anymore! If I was into small game that gun would probably do just fine but I've though a 32 long in a rifle would be better! I shoot rifle's a whole lot better! The 32 is just fun to shoot. The 32 S&W throws my hard to find case's on the ground!

ThomasT

I thought the 732 was originally and always in 32 S&W, not mag,,, which I assumed you meant 32 H&R magnum.???

You are probably correct. I never kept up with H&R model numbers. But I have read the original 32 magnum load was held down in power because the H&R chambered for it wouldn't stand up to full mag power loads. If you have a better quality 32 magnum revolver you can safely bump the power up and get better performance.

The .32 S&W short, fires an 88 grain pill at about BB gun speed... not very impressive. The .32 Long isn't much better. Yesterday 07:26 PM

If you have one of the newer made 32 longs like the models 30 or 31 you can increase the power of the 32 long. Out of my 30-1 with 2" barrel I am getting 850fps over the chrono. I am gussing 900+ from my 4" barreled model 31-1. And the cases just drop out. But I wouldn't shoot these loads in one of the older top breaks or pre WW2 guns.