It's a sickness, I cannot lie...

I'm addicted to the .32s... I just love them.

These are my two newest, a Beretta 81 and a Smith & Wesson Model of 1903 Hand Ejector, First Change. The serial number put it as having been made in either 1903 or 1904...

414304606.jpg

This is my first S&W that's doesn't have the classic Model of 1905 action. I'll have to pull some pictures of the interior because it's different. It's also in absolutely gorgeous condition for a 115 year old gun. The plating on the cylinder is a little scratched up, but on the frame and barrel it's perfect. The grips also have a little scarring on the bottom, but overall superb condition.

These join the rest of my .32s...

A Colt Police Positive Special and a Smith HE K frame, both in .32-20.

A US Revolver Company .32 S&W that belonged to my great grandfather.

An H&R breaktop .32 S&W that belong to another great grandfather... it was his cowboy gun when he was a ranch hand in the Dakotas at the turn of the 20th century.

A Smith Model 30 snubby.

A circa 1920 Regulation Police I frame.

A Colt Police Positive.

Yeah, I love the .32s...

FITASC

I have a S&W 32 M&P I frame along with an H&R Shopkeeper that are fun to shoot. I had a S&W M&P Regulation Target from 1929 - fairly rare and VERY accurate I frame that a collector on one of the S&W forums wanted very badly

Mike38

Mike Irwin: Being that you are now the self proclaimed .32 Guru of The Firing Line :) may I ask a question? I'm looking to buy a revolver, preferably a modern double action, 5 or 6 shot, around the size of a J-Frame Smith, chambered for either .32 S&W Long or in .32 H&R Mag. The problem... one that will not "break the bank". <$200. It will be used to punch holes in paper at 5 to 7 yards. Also, I need to burn off some .32 S&WL reloads that I loaded too hot for a semi auto, but well within the max range for a revolver. Any suggestions?

JERRYS.

Mike Irwin: Being that you are now the self proclaimed .32 Guru of The Firing Line :) may I ask a question? I'm looking to buy a revolver, preferably a modern double action, 5 or 6 shot, around the size of a J-Frame Smith, chambered for either .32 S&W Long or in .32 H&R Mag. The problem... one that will not "break the bank". <$200. It will be used to punch holes in paper at 5 to 7 yards. Also, I need to burn off some .32 S&WL reloads that I loaded too hot for a semi auto, but well within the max range for a revolver. Any suggestions?
Charter Arms makes a 5 shot .32 H&R magnum in a gun that used to be a 6 shot. for some reason they decided a 6 shot .32 like they use to make wouldn't sell as well as the same gun in a 5 shot.

ThomasT

I have a thing about 32s myself.

Two Ruger Single Six 32 mag. S&W model 431-PD 32 mag. Walther/Manhurin PP made in 1957. Four inch model 31-1. Two and three inch models 30-1. Last three in 32 long.

attachment.php

Last edited:
"I'm looking to buy a revolver, preferably a modern double action, 5 or 6 shot, around the size of a J-Frame Smith, chambered for either .32 S&W Long or in .32 H&R Mag. The problem... one that will not "break the bank". <$200."

The only things that come to mind is to haunt gunshows and the online sales sites for either a Charter Arms or an H&R 586.

It's going to be a real challenge to get anything in that price range, though.

"Now you are missing one... a .32-20 caliber Colt SAA. Always room for one more!! "

No real compelling interest in the single action style revolvers. I've thought about looking for one in .32-20 (probably a reproduction), but they're few and far between.

Cheapshooter

I've been fighting the urge lately. You're no help!
Been watching a Beretta Tomcat INOX on an evil gunshop ladies web page for a week. The shop is about 175 miles away, but where I go often to hunt, and fish. A phone call, and she will hold it until I get up there in a couple weeks.
Thinking it would fit in with my other 32's
3rd model S&W Safety Hammerless
Manurhin Walther PP
CZ50
Kel-Tec P32

44caliberkid

Mike, get a Nagant revolver. In your price range, I shoot 32 S&W Longs in mine and it's amazingly accurate too. Tough as a Soviet tank.

Sevens

Totally different than typical .32's... my Walther GSP is a pistol with ridiculous ability. It isn't low in price and extra mags are ridiculous, but this is a .32 that I love and it's the most accurate handgun that I own.

My other .32's are a GP-100 in .327 Federal and two S&W 16-4's.

shurshot

Like the pre 68 German Walther PPK? I had one, in .32, but traded it. Slick little pistol. Only .32 I own now is an old H&R Premier .32 S&W I have owned since I was 11. My old CCW, back when I had no Bill's or responsibility. :D

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind having either a PP or a PPK in .32.

What I really want again is a Mauser HsC. I had use of one years ago but it was VERY unreliable.

Some years later I read about a trick of replacing the Mauser magazine spring with a PPK magazine spring to cure the very kind of problems I was having.

jar

I checked the other day and found that I have more 32acp pistols than 9mm & 380 combined. Also, looking back over the last year I seemed to have carried a 32acp or 32 revolver as my primary carry handgun more often than any other caliber.

standard.jpg

shurshot

Hey, those .32 ACP's "Hit like a brick", at least according to a James Bond 007 film I saw many moons ago. LOL!! I wish I still had my old Walther PPK .32. I do still have my SS Interarms Walther PPK/S .380, I'll be keeping that.

Jar; That Beretta .32 of yours... Damn I want that! :D. That is slick.

9ballbilly

Caught a touch of the .32 bug myself.

Have a Colt Pocket Positive .32 long

Recently bought a TC contender .32-20. Thinking of shooting a couple IHMSA field pistol matches with it next year.