It will get even deeper than this by the time this is over

jimpeel

A good write-up on these types of rumors, exaggerations, and lies. As the writer says:

No, I don’t think it’s likely that she called Obama “Sambo”. (Good God, man, I’m ten years older than she and I barely remember “Little Black Sambo.”) Yes, it seems unlikely to me that she’s (sic) be real racist and marry a Yup’ik (or a part Yup’ik.) But yes, people are capable of amazing things. Yes, I’m sure there are people who don’t like her — I’ve talked with some myself. And no, I don’t think this waitress would have been thrilled to be called an “aboriginal”.

http://explorations.chasrmartin.com/2008/09/06/palin-rumors/

jimpeel

By the by, for those who think this thread is not proper and should be locked or removed.

It is an old adage that says that one should "know thine enemies". Those who post these types of smears, regardless of which side, should be exposed for who, and what, they are. Those who see them for who, and what, they are have a duty to show others that vision. To do otherwise is to condone such behavior. Silence in the face of wrongdoing is tacit approval of that behavior.

johnbt

Okay.
______

Second, Charley James is one of three names under which I write. It is not my real name.

As for your specific questions:

1. Please provide at least one form of proof that you were employed as an Assistant Editor by Business Week or its parent company, McGraw-Hill.

Lew Young was editor in chief at the time, Jack Dierdorff was managing editor and the editor to whom I reported was Keith Felcyn.

2. Please indicate your employment status in Canada: resident alien, work visa, citizen, etc.

I have immigration special status under a NAFTA exemption.

3. What year did you leave the United States.

4. Have you ever renounced your US citizenship?

No

5. Have you ever been convicted of a crime in the United States?

Only for driving 75 mph in a 55 mph zone when I was 18 or 19.

4. What is the highest level of education you have achieved?

I have attended graduate school.

5. From which colleges/universities do you hold degrees?

I attended a Big 10 university for 3 1/2 years but left to accept a reporting job before graduating.

6. Please provide official transcripts from the school granting degrees.

This is a joke, right? My first employer didn’t ask for a transcript.

7. Please state why you left the United States.

I was recruited for a position at a time when I wanted the experience of living and working in another country.

I hope this answers your questions.

Charley

JWT

Can't say that the 'answers' to the questions Charley gave are very convincing. Not that it makes any difference. Amazing man to attend graduate school having left 'a Big 10 University' without graduating.

His 'story' about Palin is going to be believed by those what want to believe it and ignored by those who do not.

TimRB

"4. What is the highest level of education you have achieved?

I have attended graduate school.

5. From which colleges/universities do you hold degrees?

I attended a Big 10 university for 3 1/2 years but left to accept a reporting job before graduating."

---------------------------------------------
BS meter pegged.

Tim