It Is My Birthday This Thursday

Eddiejoe

My wonderful, amazing wife got me a chainsaw for my birthday!
Now, it is time for me to pick out my gift to me!
I have plenty of 9mm semis and .357 revolvers. Well, not exactly plenty, but I'm not sure I could justify another.
Anyway, I lack a 1911-style pistol. I really lean toward 9mm, but I only have two pistols in .45ACP. I found that a 1911 in 45 has unpleasant recoil. Are there any that are typically softer shooting?
Thanks in advance!

Skippy

Hmmm. How about a Browning Hi Power in 9mm?

If you find the .45 1911 unpleasant, you probably wouldn't care much for a .40 Hi Power.

-------------------
I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous

TXAZ

Forget the dinky pistols and step up to the premier handgun of the century:
DSUvOae.jpg

Recoil? What recoil?

HiBC

New chainsaw,huh? You might hold off that handgun.
Hauling firewood,you might need a new one ton 4x4 turbo diesel pickup.

Which can pull a firewood trailer. Might as well go 5th wheel.

You'll need a good splitter,too.

And then the big metal building, Can't have all that stuff and the cordwood out getting wet.

Oh...on that pickup. Your local Ford dealer has a special deal going right now,

Buy a new truck,they give you a free dog.

It comes in handy to have a loyal ,cheerful friend to walk home with.

Eddiejoe

All good suggestions HiBC!
We are looking for a new truck, probably RAM, since had good luck with them. Found On Road Dead is giving us fits and we're trying to get them to take it back. We have three pups already, so we're covered there.
We will have our big metal building in a few years I hope.
Thanks for the reminder about the log splitter! I forgot about that.

Eddiejoe

I saw an FEG HiPower clone at Sportsmans the other day, but it looked beat up. I never have liked .40 caliber.
1911 in 9mm is looking like a good route to go down. I might try Armscor's 9mm/.22TCM setup.

Eddiejoe

I like the thought of a Commander in 9mm!
I'm also open to special ordering.
I'm still tryna figger out what the gun is in that there pitcher ^^^^^^

HiBC

If you don't have something in the class of Glock 43,Shield,etc I'd look at one. See what suits you. 16 to 20 ounces. Slim. The single stack Shield in 9mm held as many rounds as the 45 1911.

Now the new double stack Shield and SIG 365,etc hold as many rounds as the Browning High Power.

I figure the gun you will carry on you beats the one you left at home.

A 9mm Commander or a 9mm Shield or your preferred equivalent?

Its at least worth doing the touchy-feely work. Maybe even a test fire.

lamarw

Call Beretta and order a Manurhin MR73. It will dispatch the timber rattlers while out cutting timber. You may have to wait a year of two for delivery of the revolver.

Just joshing. Happy upcoming birthday.

Eddiejoe

I'm looking to stay under $750. I have a pistol to trade so that I don't have to come out of pocket too much.

After all, I did get a cool Stihl chainsaw!

KyJim

If you want a pistol in .45 acp that has less felt recoil than 1911s, take a look at the Sig P220. Softer felt recoil due, at least in part, to a wider backstrap area. It disperses the felt recoil more evenly to the hand. Sig lists a single-action-only model on their website (don't know if there are any out there in the wild). I've have a SAO Sig P220 in .45 acp and like it.

jetinteriorguy

I saw an FEG HiPower clone at Sportsmans the other day, but it looked beat up. I never have liked .40 caliber.
1911 in 9mm is looking like a good route to go down. I might try Armscor's 9mm/.22TCM setup.
I have one of these, one of the best shooting 9mm’s I have and the .22TCM is a blast, literally. If you like a nice flame this is your gun, it sounds more like a small rifle and has almost no recoil.

JustJake

My wonderful, amazing wife got me a chainsaw for my birthday!
Now, it is time for me to pick out my gift to me!
I have plenty of 9mm semis and .357 revolvers. Well, not exactly plenty, but I'm not sure I could justify another.
Anyway, I lack a 1911-style pistol.

A pittley 1911? :rolleyes: ...

Dude, go big. You wanna git yourself a ... "Vera."

Just make sure it's got the Callaghan FullBore Autolock feature. Helps with weapon control once you've engaged the "fun" switch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_UTbf9gGVE

;)