Israeli Jets Destroyed Syrian Nuke Cache

Musketeer

Not sure if they have to do a lot of spying. I think we give them most of the technology they ask for. We don't just sell them airplanes, we sell them the complete weapons systems that go along with the planes.

We do not give them technology. We give/sell them systems, aircraft, etc. but you would be surprised how much is invested in tamper protection. Anything sensiteve on those systems is protected by anything from self destruct to passive systems meant only to show if a box has been openned more often than recorded by the US Gov't inspectors have recorded.

Yes, they do plenty of spying. Remember they will always do what is in their interest first, just like us. Usually we have the same interests but sometimes we do not, and sometimes one party can use information gatherred from another to get something from a third. I don't think allowing Isreal to trade off our secrets to help their position with a third nation is a good thing.

madmag

We give/sell them systems, aircraft, etc. but you would be surprised how much is invested in tamper protection.

If you have direct knowledge this is how it works, then no argument. I am just glad they used what they had to defend themselves with no apologies.

Musketeer

If you have direct knowledge this is how it works, then no argument. I am just glad they used what they had to defend themselves with no apologies.
;)

Just because they have the gear don't bet that they know how it really works on the inside. If something stops working the box is just pulled and replaced, it never needs to be openned.

Pat H

As always, the truth has finally come out. The Israeli raid was to perform tactical reconnaisance of the relatively new Syrian air defense system. The Syrians refused to cooperate in bringing it to lock on, even when the target became obvious.

More details as I find them.

Bruxley

Links too that info Pat?

What of the base that was destroyed? Did the Syrians just let the Israelis blow it up so as to not to show how effective their anti-aircraft defense system is??

Typical Syrian behavior would be to publicly, loudly, and frequently cry that Israel is again oppressing their neighbors. To cry brutality brutality then call for the UN to hold talks to investigate and so on....

So far silence. An odd silence. Hard to say why the Syrians have put such a lid on things. My GUESS is that radioactive debris is tough to call an aspirin factory when investigators arrive. Either they will clean it up before the investigation or stay silent in the face of no recourse. The latter being telling of either lack of a plausible denial or lack of a sense of what to do at all.

Manedwolf

Syria is not talking because they're totally spooked. They spent all those billions on the latest in Russian gear, thought themselves impenetrable...and they didn't even see the F-16's till they had come and gone. :)

Kinda like standing in the goal bragging and taunting, then someone slaps one right past you while you're still bragging. You just don't wanna talk about it.