Is this a deal on a GP100?

parkerppaul

Hi All,

I'm new to the wheel guns :eek: ... so please bear with me! Naturally, I thought I ask this question to the experts. A buddy bought a Ruger .44 mag and is now pondering selling his stainless GP100 .357 mag. Anyway, I have yet to see it, but he says it's been shot between 100 to 150 times. It has Hogue grips and a Bianchi holster and he says he'll let it go for $350.

I'm not really looking for a 6-shooter, but I can never pass up a good deal on a firearm. Is this a good deal or not?

Thanks in advance!

BikerRN

That's about what I paid for mine. It was one of my better horse-tradin' deals as far as I'm concerned.

I'd jump at it if I was you.

Biker

Kreyzhorse

Yeah...... buy it now. Then buy yourself a set of the original GP grips with the wood inserts. I'm not real impressed with Hogues and the original grips really make the GP in my opinion.

jhansman

You might want to let a competent gunsmith look it over first, but otherwise, yeah, that's a deal. FWIW, I've owned two GP100s-one I should never have sold, and the one I bought to ulitmately replace it. Great revolver. :)

Check the sticky at the top of this forum for function-testing a revolver. If the gun passes (and with that round count, it should), that's a great deal.

parkerppaul

Yah, I read through the first post a couple times. Tons of good info and not too difficult! I'll go through it again just to be sure.

jcsturgeon

I had one for a little while, but ended up selling it.

Not because it was a bad gun though, I just prefer semi autos and had my eye on a Beretta 92 and needed to raise the dough. I sold it to my finance's brother. Never had one problem with it though, it's easy to break down and clean, shoots every time and is fun to take to the range. Assuming you've bought it already I think you made a good decision.

Pahoo

It's a great deal and almost a steal. ..... :eek:
Now you can do a trigger job for around $10.00. As the kids would say; Saaweeet !!! ..... :D

Be Safe !!!!

parkerppaul

If all goes as planned ... My buddy is coming over and we're headed to the range in the morning. I'll make my final decision then, but about 95% sure it's a done deal already. :cool:

I'll post my thoughts afterward.