Is there a better value than the Sig P6 ?

kymarkh

The P6 is a very nice Sig but...

I would love to find a P220 for under 400 - I wouldn't even blink an eye! :)

guypowell

Being a fan of SIGs, if I didn't already have some P6's I wouldn't hesitate spending $350.00 for one in good condition. Our local Gander Mtn. has 2 junkers, both priced at near $500.00 each.
That said, Mark at Summitt Gun Brokers always has great deals on good, used pistols. www.centerfiresystems.com has used Ruger P95's for UNDER $300.00. It's really hard to tear a Ruger up so these pistols represent a great value.

Billy Shears

In my opinion there are plenty of better values out there right now, especially if the Sig you are looking at is used and you can't inspect it for reliability or safety or worn parts prior to purchase. Look at the Stoeger Cougar, Kahr CW9, Ruger SR9, Sig P250, S&W SD, etc. All good pistols for reasonable prices.

kinoons

I just recently purchased a p6. Mine works great, feels great to shoot, and feeds hallowpoints fine (pre-91 barrel). The da trigger pull is awfully heavy, but a replacement hammer spring resolved that problem. 350 with two mags and holster is a pretty good deal.

hikingman

P6, excellent choice...

45ACP would not be for everyone, BOOM! Some of us have shot 45LC, 44 Mag, and 45ACP for so long, it's not a big deal. To others, it would be! After a couple of mags worth, they'd be flinching before the bullet leaves the barrel.

pilpens

When very clean P6s with little to no finish wear were $300, they were bargains but they have gone up in price and do not seem to be worth what most are asking now. I see a few at at LGSs for around $400.
The used 3rd gen S&W 59xxx and variants seems to be the best bang for the buck.
.........but if the P6 fits and you like the ergonomics and do not mind the 8 round mag, $100 is small if divided by the number of years of enjoyment.

Last edited:

RdKill

I love my P6. LOVE it...no problems with any ammo I've tried and mine was made in 1983. The ONLY downside is that extra mags are hard to come by and rarely under 50 bucks each....kinda pricey for single stack mags. It does make a great compact easy to conceal CCW...just not a favorite "range gun" for me due to magazine capacity and quantity.

I hate carrying loose ammo to a range (even my private little back deck range). I like to carry several loaded mags. I have 3 P6 mags and I think 15 or so double stack Ruger mags, 10 1911 mags, maybe a dozen S&W mags....so the little Sig doesn't get much range time with me.

stand watie

to ALL:

several folks have mentioned P6 pistols with "cosmetic problems" but in internal great shape.

at the risk of being laughed AT as a "cheapskate", may i gently suggest refinishing it with a can of "BBQ PIT paint", @7.oo a can, in high-gloss/semi-gloss/satin/flat black?
(once fully cured, you cannot get that stuff off with sandpaper. - i have "fixed up" any number of revolvers/semiautos for our local county Constables with the can of "satin black" that i bought a year ago at HD.)

fwiw, the BBQ paint is NOT in the paint department. instead it's with the BBQ pits.

yours, sw