Is the price of Glocks sneaking upward ?

VoodooMountain

Doubtful.
I was a bit tongue and cheek and I don’t know the exact answer for any given department. I have had a couple of people that would seem likely to know mention they can get glocks for their department for very very cheap but they may have been referring to replacement firearms rather than equipping every officer.

I really do feel they are overpriced compared to their competitors but hey, I’ve still got 4 of them.

TunnelRat

To me that’s not enough to predict financial doom for Glock as the company (I also am not sure how separated Glock the man is from Glock the company in terms of legal payments from his personal problems). Look at the credit ratings of some of the other companies in the industry currently. I can think of a number of companies in worse shape financially. When you look at commercial sales, their still very strong LE presence, and then their recent contract with the FBI I think they’re better off than a number of the others (with the industry as a whole not being in a great spot, IMO).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

JDBerg

TunnelRat: said:
Look at the credit ratings of some of the other companies in the industry currently. I can think of a number of companies in worse shape financially.

Glock certainly isn’t in the financial straits that plague Colt Mfg.! Glock controls more than 2/3 of the U.S. LE market for service pistols, and most of the NATO military market for sidearms. There is more viable competition in the civilian markets for their products which will force them to cut their prices and affect their bottom line. ‘Ol Gaston G at 88 years old is worth more than $2.6 billion, and makes around $20 mil a month from the family business. Suffice it to say he won’t be crying all the way to the Bank of Austria, while seated in the back seat of his chauffeured Mercedes limousine with his 37 year-old Austrian trophy wife Kathrin, who was his ex-nurse!

Last edited:

baddarryl

When I was shopping for a new pistol about 2 years ago I was drawn to the M&P Compact I think. I was already outfitted for Glock and when I considered changing mags, multiple holsters, sights etc. It was a no brainer. I do remember liking the M&P better though for its ergonomics etc. As far as I am concerned that is of little consequence as far as a defensive pistol. My Glocks go bang, shoot where I point them, and have never failed. What more do I want? Is my CZ75 a nicer pistol? Heck yes, but I still carry my G19. Glock's Blue Label program for LEO's gives them maybe $100-150 off. Certainly not a cost of $100.