is it true barack hussein obama wants to end ccw nation wide?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HKuser

Well, he you talked to him at the time and discussed it with and seemingly approved of it, then I would say that the two of you should be placed up against a wall at the wrong end of a firing squad. He's not just related to these people, he's consulted with the leader of the Muslim faction and founded a school in the area. Nice whitewash attempt though. Read the rest of the story.

swman

The bottom line with Obama and Clinton is that they'd like to see only the police and military possess firearms. All others need not apply.

buzz_knox

The executive has its own enforcement arm for such issues, the same agencies that can make law unilaterally by regulation.

Those typically relate to import restrictions, as you recognized. It's more difficult to regulate weapons manufactured since the sporting purpose provision doesn't relate to domestic firearms, except for shotguns. Of course, ATFE could be directed to find that any shotgun holding more than 5 rounds is not suitable for sporting purposes.

Except that those other state issues don't have the power of the 2nd amendment explicitly laying them out.

I do see what you are saying though. Don't make a law, just convince everyone else to adhere.

Even if Heller comes back with an individual rights recognition of the 2nd Amendment, unless the Court specifically states that infringement means prohibiting the possession and carrying of a weapon, this approach doesn't affect the right to own a gun, but only the carrying of said weapon.

JimDiver

I would wait till June before I got real excited about anything Bin Omaba wants to do... Wait till Heller is decided.

Wildalaska

but who was it that took their oath of elected office on a Koran instead of a Bible? I believe it was Mr. Obama was it not? That ought to say something.

It says more about you than it does about him.;)

WildhaveyouhuggedyourMaadiAKtodayAlaska ™

Mainah

I'm pretty certain you're referring to the "Muslim issue" in those countries. Whether I agree with you or not, it's not relevant to the discussion at hand, because Obama is not a Muslim.

Thanks Marko, and may I point out that he's not a communist either. I've been trading emails with one of my cousins who is a big Obama supporter, and gun control has been a big theme in my anti-Obama arguments. But my cousin is very well informed, and I wouldn't get far if I simply sent him rumors and gossip.

Oboma is a smart and very charismatic guy. I think he'd be a pretty horrible president so I'll vote for McCain. But after 16 years of Clinton/Bush hatred I'll respect whomever gets elected.

cajun47

"Out of curiosity...do you refer to all the candidates using their full names including middle name, or just Obama?"

out of curiosity do you go to his church?

Harlequin451

Think, read, and learn...

Here's something to think about.....

Competent faces can swing voters, researchers say
Last Updated: Monday, October 22, 2007 | 6:30 PM ET
CBC News

Who will be the next prime minister of Canada, or the next president of the United States?

According to a study by Princeton University researchers, choosing a leader can all come down to voters' quick glances of the candidates.

Voters form snap judgments of the competency of a candidate based on his or her facial features, Charles Ballew and Alexander Todorov wrote in the latest issue of the periodical Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America.

The researchers asked test subjects to judge competency after viewing each candidate's photo. Subjects were shown the photos for three durations: 100 milliseconds, 250 milliseconds and an unlimited amount of time.

"Predictions were as accurate after a 100-ms exposure to the faces of the winner and the runner-up as exposure after 250 ms and unlimited time exposure," the duo wrote. "The findings suggest that rapid, unreflective judgments of competence from faces can affect voting decisions."

*snip*

The predictions were improved when issues such as gender and ethnicity were factored out, the report said. Of the 55 gubernatorial races where the candidates were the same gender and ethnicity, the correct predictions improved slightly to 69 per cent.

Groups of between 64 and 120 students at Princeton, in New Jersey, were used in the studies.

The researchers said their study showed that while a competent face may not be the main reason a political candidate gets elected, it is a key factor.

"Competent-looking incumbents may deter undecided voters, who have a mild preference for challengers, from voting for the challenger," they wrote.

"Our findings suggest that, in many cases, the effects of appearance on voting decisions may be subtle and not easily recognized by voters."

Harlequin451

here ya go....

and this isn't heresay, it includes the source of the information.

Barack Obama on Gun Control

Ban semi-automatics, and more possession restrictions

Principles that Obama supports on gun issues:
Ban the sale or transfer of all forms of semi-automatic weapons.
Increase state restrictions on the purchase and possession of firearms.
Require manufacturers to provide child-safety locks with firearms.
Source: 1998 IL State Legislative National Political Awareness Test Jul 2, 1998

mountainclmbr

How about a communist mass murdering dictator elimination bill. Then we get to debate where the line between communism and freedom lies. Just a thought.

Crosshair

I can see the states giving the fed the finger and telling them that they will continue to issue CCW permits. The state governments are getting tired of the Fed foisting all this crap (No Child Left Behind, RealID, etc) onto them to do the dirty work.

FireMax

Jesus Queen
does anyone know how mccain feels about guns?

The second largest pro-gun organization in America is called "Gun Owners of America"... www.gunowners.org . They gave McCain a grade of "F" in regard to his record on the 2nd amendment (right to bare arms).

http://www.gunowners.org/mcgungrab.htm
On issues relating to the Second Amendment, John McCain is a disaster! For example, the highly respected Gun Owners of America (GOA) rates McCain with a grade of F-. McCain's failing grade is well deserved.

John McCain sponsored an amendment to S. 1805 on March 2, 2004 that would outlaw the private sale of firearms at gun shows. According to GOA, the provision would effectively eliminate gun shows, because every member of an organization sponsoring a gun show could be imprisoned if the organization fails to notify each and every "person who attends the special firearms event of the requirements [under the Brady Law]."

John McCain also sponsored an Incumbent Protection provision to the so-called "Campaign Finance Reform" bill, which severely curtails the ability of outside groups (such as GOA) to communicate the actions of incumbent politicians to members and supporters prior to an election.

The GOA report of the 106th Congress reveals that out of 15 votes relating to the right to keep and bear arms, Senator John McCain voted favorably only 4 times. Put that into a percentage and McCain's pro-Second Amendment voting record is a pathetic 27%.

In addition, GOA warns that John McCain supported legislation that would force federal agents to increase efforts in arresting and convicting honest gun owners who may inadvertently violate one of the many federal anti-gun laws, which punish mere technicalities, such as gun possession.

For example, if John McCain's proposed legislation were to become law, a gun owner who travels with a gun through a school zone or who uses one of the family handguns to go target shooting with a 15-year old could be sent to prison. And a person who uses a gun for self-defense could be sent to prison for a mandatory minimum of five years.

http://www.gunowners.org/mchypocrite.htm

But this fall, [McCain] chose to drench the airwaves with TV and radio spots in Colorado and Oregon on behalf of voter initiatives to register gun buyers in the name of closing the so-called "gun show loophole." With an endless supply of soft money dollars from the CEO of Monster.com, Andrew McKelvey, McCain the major league hypocrite, told voters of these two states that gun control would be good for them.

The Oregon measure would have registered gun buyers for five years with the State police, as well as the FBI. One of the sheriffs supporting the measure asserted that Americans have no individual right to keep and bear arms.

John McCain would then have a legacy based on his attempt to destroy the First and the Second Amendments. That might be good enough to get a statue of him put up in Washington, D.C. where contempt for the Constitution is a badge of esteem.

Other positions he has voiced or taken...

McCain favors outlawing cheaply made handguns called Saturday night specials, and favors mandating safety locks on certain guns. He said he is intrigued by new technology that electronically identifies a person handling a gun, allowing only the owner to fire it. McCain rallied Senate Republicans behind a Democratic measure requiring background checks at gun shows.
Source: Scott Lindlaw, Associated Press Aug 17, 1999

McCain said he was open to voting for an assault weapon ban, depending on the details.
Source: Los Angeles Times, “McCain Calls for Hearings” Aug 17, 1999

Thumper

Just my opinion, but GOA has zero credibility with me. I (and many other veterans) stopped giving them money when they jumped the shark with the "Veterans Disarmament Act" BS.

McCain said he was open to voting for an assault weapon ban, depending on the details.
Source: Los Angeles Times, “McCain Calls for Hearings” Aug 17, 1999

And yet he voted NO when given the opportunity, didn't he?

I love newbies spreading disinformation...Obama fan?

Status
Not open for further replies.