Is it me or are there a posterior-end load of used XD pistols on the used market?

Saab1911

Are you seeing a back-side load of used XD pistols on the market? I am.
There's a flood of them. Is this going to happen whenever Springfield
comes out with a "new and improved" XD? :rolleyes:

I'm not sure the public will be fooled more than a few times.

Cheers,

Jae

SiggySan

Yes, there are tons in my area and on gunbroker as well. So many that I steered away from them when recently shopping for a home defense(= range toy) weapon. Not that there is anything wrong with a gun being popular, it just makes it less interesting to me somehow. It used to seem like the XD series was a way for people who are annoyed by Glocks to get a Glock like weapon and still be part of the Glock backlash. Now I think people are started to get annoyed by XDs because they are friggin everywhere.

ilbob

Are you seeing a back-side load of used XD pistols on the market? I am. There's a flood of them.

might be an agency changed to a different gun and the used ones came on the market in your area.

SGT-MILLER

There's alot for sale in my area too (Montana).

That has to say something about the pistol, and as far as I know there are no LE agencies around here that has employed the XD in any form.

FairWarning

When tons of a certain product are sold, you can count of tons of them ending up for sale used also. No surprise there and not a bad sign about the gun. I WANT to see a nice used XD .45. :D I am curious about the future XDm .45, but if someone wants to dump their old XD at a loss just to get the M, I'll be glad to scoop it up.

RickB

While it may be a drop in the bucket, I know that a lot of Springfield XDs are given away as prizes at shooting competitions, and I'm sure a lot of those guns end up being sold. Our IDPA club has given away 30-40 XDs as prizes over the last five or six years, so I'd expect an up-tick in XD availability every Summer in my area.

ChicagoTex

While you may be seeing a few shooters "trading-up" to the XDm, the fact of the matter is XDs could be reliably found in a lot of used cases well-before the XDm, much like Glocks, SIGs, and other popular guns.

You sell a lot of anything, some buyers are going to get tired of what they've got, decide they don't like it after all, or have a family emergency requiring them to liquidate some assets and bingo, it winds up in the used case.

I wouldn't read too much into it...

OldShooter

Used guns

I cruise all the local gun shops in my area looking for good deals. I have rarely seen XD's for sale used. I see lots of Glocks, S&Ws, 1911s by various makers, etc.

I have an XD9SC and see no reason to get rid of it.

cschwanz

i have a newly acquired XD .45c that i have zero intentions of selling. i may still pick up an XDm in various calibers, but doubt i will ever sell my current xd

arizona98tj

You sell a lot of anything, some buyers are going to get tired of what they've got, decide they don't like it after all, or have a family emergency requiring them to liquidate some assets and bingo, it winds up in the used case.

I wouldn't read too much into it...
Over the past years, a lot of guns were being purchased with plastic money. With the economy the way it is, it wouldn't surprise me in the least to see some of them being sold off to pay for the essentials now that Mom or Dad just became unemployed. That is how some folks function....spend it when you got it, sell it when you don't.

I had a friend that ran a gun shop some 30 years ago. Every spring he did a bang up used gun business....boughtmany used guns at very low prices.....mostly during the 30 day period preceding April 15th.

Smaug

There's a ton of them in my area. The new ones are all on sale too, since the XDM's are out.

It doesn't help that they're super-ugly to boot.

Salty1

Was at the Dallas gun show last weekend and by far the most maunfacturer's used handguns being sold was Glock, most likely due to their marketshare and LEO replacement. There were some used XD's for sale but not enough of a price break on them to not buy a new one.

Superorb

Sorry to revive a dead thread...

What's the best way to look for guns for sale locally? Is there an online For Sale based on location somewhere? Short of asking friends, I don't know of any other way.