Is anyone here using a red dot sight

9x19

Thanks again!

I have a rail and cheap tube-type sight coming tomorrow, so will give it a go.

Once assembled and tested, if I like it well enough, I'll invest in a better sight and put the cheap sight aside for the next time I get a wild notion. :D

Pahoo

Good choice !!!

Just don't post a picture of it here--the lever gun inquisition board will have you crucified.
Personally, I would not worry about it too much. The newer lever action are just "barely" in-the-"Spirit" and some have really gone past that. ….. :eek:

I think you made a good choice as a RedDot is the most natural way to sight at short distances. If this is your new adventure with RedDots, you will see what I mean. …….. :)

Be Safe !!!

stagpanther

primary Arms is about the only "made in China" optic I'll buy--I have 4 of their simple 1x red dots mounted on various AR's and even had one for a while on my Henry 45-70, they work well and are fast, generally can be found for around $100. Something lost in the talk of MOA size etc is just the basic intensity of the dot (so it doesn't disappear in bright sunshine) and how well it scales up and down without "flash" or "flare."

9x19

Everything is relative, compared to an Aimpoint Micro, those PA red dots are cheapies. :p

I expect a tube type sight is where I'll end up, but I want something with a low mount, so I'll throw a TRS25 on for testing... then maybe get out my Christmas list and add something better. :D

American Man

I have a EOTech on my 1895SBL. I don't hunt with it, but I could easily out to 100 yards. The circle is good enough for 25-75 yards on a big bear and the red dot would be if I had to shoot a bear that has a hold of one of someone. I want to say I am just as good with the irons from 25-50 yards rapid fire on multiple targets but I am considerably faster with the EOTech. lol ... and both eyes always open helps a lot. I can only do a few iterations in one day... especially with those garrett cartridges

stagpanther

Everything is relative, compared to an Aimpoint Micro, those PA red dots are cheapies.

I expect a tube type sight is where I'll end up, but I want something with a low mount, so I'll throw a TRS25 on for testing... then maybe get out my Christmas list and add something better.
They are cheapies--but I haven't had one fail yet (including on 45-70, AR's and magnum handguns). The TRS25's I've bought--all but one eventually fell apart under repeated use.

9x19

I wasn't knocking them, the TRS25s are cheapies compared to some of Primary Arms offerings... I haven't had one fail on me yet, but wouldn't be real surprised if one did.