Is 45 acp hard to reload for ?

chris in va

JimDandy

The only round I've ever found I can't load cheaper are the Federal 100 round value packs at Walmart. Of course, re-using that brass feels a lot like stealing...

Try using storebought LRN or cast your own. I can make 100 for about $7.

The .45 ACP is probably the easiest of the autopistol cartrdges to reload. But be aware that powder charges are small and easy to double-charge if you're not careful. Examine the powder level in every case after you charge them, or collectively in a loading tray.

I use WST powder for very light cast lead loads. I use Ramshot Silhouette for very fast defense loads because it has very little muzzle flash. But my favorite powder for loading any weight, jacketed or cast lead, is Ramshot ZIP. It's similar to W231 but outperforms it and burns cleaner There is very good data here: www.ramshot.com ;)

JimDandy

Try using storebought LRN or cast your own. I can make 100 for about $7.

That's a little more apples and oranges to me... biggest reason is I can use FMJ at the local indoor range, can't use LRN without driving for 45 minutes. Second, and mostly by definition, it's not the same bullet, so it's actually like comparing apples and oranges...