Insurance questions

Cowboy_mo

I had my own insurance agency in the 90's. Every company that I ever knew of had specific limits for firearms, jewelry, antiques, musical instruments, etc.

Firearms had specific limits allowed for theft unless they were scheduled on a rider for an additional premium. However, firearms were covered up to total policy limits for loss due to fire, tornado, etc.

The reason behind this is to prevent dishonest insureds from suddenly having thousands of dollars of undocumented firearms, jewelry, antiques, etc claimed after being lost to a burgler.

As far as Dr.s' asking about firearms in the house, you can thank the current resident of the White House, Bloomberg, et. al.

JERRYS.

unlike health insurance, you can shop around for all other insurances no matter what state you are in or they. if you don't like all the intrusive questions, look elsewhere.

Sierra280

I just figure the agents have to go down their company mandated checklist. Many years ago I was getting new insurance, the agent asked if I had a dog. I replied 'yes, a Bassett Hound'. His next question: 'does it have aggressive or pit bull like tendencies?' I asked if he had ever seen a Bassett hound, he said he was just required to ask.

danez71

The tile question... Ive been told by by 2 different insurance people ... is because you, or someone else, are more likely to slip and fall.

I suspect, asking you if you have spare tile and, if Yes, Why? might be probing for cracked foundation. Purely a guess on this part of the question.