Inland 1911A1

TexasBAD

Hello All, I'am new to this forum. I own an Inland Mfg. 1911A1 and it looks and feels right. It is not an exact replica, but it is prolly closer than most. The slide serrations are not exact, but they look and feel nice. It does have a series 80 trigger and had I known that prior to purchase it would have been a deal breaker. When they were first released I had read all the reviews and all of Inland's information and nowhere was is said to feature a series 80 trigger system. I did not buy when they were first released and waited until more reviews were published and to see if any negative feedback was available. I only saw positive comments and reviews after a little more than a year had passed. I then bit the bullet and put out the cash at a local dealer to order one for me.

First time out at the range it jammed almost every time I racked it. It did not jam during a course of fire and only on initial rack. I called Inland and a customer support person said there had been a some issues of this and I made arrangements to return it to Inland for evaluation. I contacted Inland a few days after it arrived at their location and inquired about my pistol. I spoke to a manager who stated the ramp had been reworked and the main spring had been replaced and that it was functioning properly and it was on its way back. The manager denied that there were any issues with their model and that mine was an isolated case.

The two people I had talked were very nice and professional and wanted to be sure I was satisfied with their product. The turn around was very quick. Once I got it out to the range it did perform better. However, it is very temperamental and when racked, unless done very precisely it will jam, but never during a course of fire and only on initial rack. I absolutely love the classic look complete with lanyard loop. I'm still not sure that I will keep it and may sell or trade it for a more reliable model. The contradiction between the customer service person and the manager was a little disconcerting. I do not know if they do any actual manufacturing or simply source parts and assemble them. I can say that mine was shipped new with an Auto Ordnance magazine.

David

Ibmikey

Gavel, I was really disappointed the company did not choose to answer questions regarding the parentage of their offspring, not the kind of business I will patronize.

BarryLee

The reality is that fewer and fewer companies do their own manufacturing anymore. I suspect this is true in the firearms industry just like other industries. While some of the big boys like S&W, Ruger and Colt still handle most of their own operation I suspect many others buy components from someone else and just handle the assembly. I don’t personally consider it a problem and don’t know that they are obligated to let us know where they source all their individual components.

Ibmikey

Rick, The manner in which I posed the issue to Inland would at least deserve a reply even if they did not wish to address parentage, so yes I did expect some sort of response as a potential customer. I have asked questions from other firearms manufacturers and always received a response out of courtesy, even if generic.