Inexpensive double-barrel shotguns?

PSI357

There are a lot of problems with Stoeger and the Rem Spartan - that you can read all over this forum ( and while you may get a good one, its hard to know ).

Really? What have you heard? Not doubting you, but I have searched and haven't seen many negative reveiws. I recently picked up a Remington/Spartan and would like to know what to watch for.

I played with a Stoeger Outback the other day and fell in love with the handling, a 20" O/U (with crisp rifle like sights as well). I've never heard of a shorty O/U, but have always prefered the handling of an O/U to SxS. And here's one meant for folks with dirt under their fingernails, a real multipurpose double. I'd take this over a SxS coachgun any day. The Walnut/blue 12 ga. one I fondled was like 320. new IIRC.
Wish my son was a little older, wanna get him one in 20.
Check it out. Not conventional but IMO the most interesting double barrel out there and within your budget parameters

rem870hunter

bobs in glassboro had a nice stoeger coach model 12 gauge,3" chambers. $199.00 months ago. i would've bought it right then and there if i had the money :(.

Swampghost

Can you elaborate on 'coach'? Back in the day a coach gun was used to protect coaches. The common bbl lth. was 16" but many were shorter and smaller ga. (16 is common). These used to be legal to trade as that's the way that they were 'originally manufactured' or 'C&R's.

I haven't moved one in a long time, still have a few French beauties. NFS.

rem870hunter

this model had 20" barrels. last time i was there he had a stevens model 311H in 12 ga. 3" chambers. 26" or 28" barrels. for $199.00 as well. another of those if i had the money then i would've bought it.

Last edited: