IMR4227 for .44mag ?

sig220mwxxxx

I use it more than all other powders for my handguns. Currently loading for 357 mag, 44 spec and 45 colt. It is a slower burning powder and therefore less likely to cause a lot of leading. I do get some leading in my 44 special though. There is usually some powder in the barrel after firing. I don't mind this since I am getting good results.

Hunter Customs

I use it more than all other powders for my handguns. Currently loading for 357 mag, 44 spec and 45 colt. It is a slower burning powder and therefore less likely to cause a lot of leading. I do get some leading in my 44 special though. There is usually some powder in the barrel after firing. I don't mind this since I am getting good results.

I've never used it in 44mag, I always used Elmer Keith loads of 2400.

I have used it in some hotter loads for 38 special, it worked great with Hornady lead bullets.

I'm considering trying it in 45 Colt loads.

Best Regards
Bob Hunter
www.huntercustoms.com

Nemsis

thanks for all the info everyone

Anyone else use IMR 4227 for .300blk ?

I have some 147gr M80 pulled bullets I want to use for super sonic plinkers.

big_ed

IMR 4227 is an excellent choice in the 44 Rem. Magnum!

My hunting load for 7.5 barrel revolvers is 240 gr. Hornady/XTP
with IMR 4227 (I'm not going to list the charge weight, as it exceeds current manual listings) Probably going to have to work this load up again if I purchase some new powder.

I have found the muzzle blast and recoil to be less with this powder than others while giving near top velocities (confirmed with a chronograph).

I have also used this powder in 22 hornet with good results.

buck460XVR

Performance with IMR4227 and 240/270/300 gr bullets outta my long piped .44 revolvers and .44 carbines is outstanding. It also is my go to powder for .460 S&W.

black mamba

4227 has not been as accurate for me as Accurate 4100 and Win 296 are, but still plenty accurate and with good velocities. With today's shortages, it's nice to have more options.

coonhound66

I use it for 45 colt, 18 grains over a 250 grain bullet which is pretty light load, recommended max is 23.5 grains. Accurate, clean burning, meters well and is consistent.

bluetopper

Great, safe, accurate powder for 44 Mag.....it cannot be overloaded.

Load a compressed load no matter the bullet weight.