Improper use of the Iscoceles hold...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glenn Bartley

I think it was faked. I find it hard to beleive someone, other than those jerks from Jackass, would do something like that to himself.

BigBob3006

I don't like to see people get hurt, but I hope that hurt him enough to teach him that if he doesn't know what he is doing, don't do it.

Daugherty16

Stupid - Yes. Faked - no.

The rifle moves rearward awfully fast. I don't think the gum-chewing shooter could possibly move fast enough to fake this. Nor do i sense his post-shot reaction is phony.

Dude is definitely gonna have an Excedrin Headache - number .30-06.

jgcoastie

Watch his hands very closely as he "drops" the rifle. He doesn't so much drop it as gingerly set it down. Then notice how long it takes him to pick his left hand up from the rifle after he sets it down....

Now imagine the sequence of events in reverse.

He starts with his hands on his face, back to the camera.
Squats down facing the camera and rifle with right arm across face while getting left hand on forend of rifle.
Starts picking up rifle with left hand and cups it in crook of right arm as he stands up.
Brings rifle butt up to his face (which is turned sideways) and thrusts arms outward quickly while pivoting face towards "target" area (never did see a target)
Holds arms & rifle extended in front of body for a second.
Lowers rifle butt to waist and does that silly hopping thing.
Then, he and his cameraman buddy play the video in reverse and upload it to the interwebs.

Never did see the bolt cycle or casing eject when he "fired" the rifle...

Fake.

M.O.A.

yes its fake watch it close and you'll see it goes to fast motion when the gun starts coming back

and the barrel kicks down not up like if you where to pull something to you

Capt. Charlie

Moderator Emeritus
I concur, fake.

As to how it applies here,...

Tactics? Maybe, if your goal is to get your assailant to die laughing.

Training? Definitely in need. I submit that his instructors should be the actors in the latest Jackass movie ;).

It's been fun, but...

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.