I'm surprised there aren't threads about this...

HiBC

In response to the original post,you might be interested in this thread :

"No good answer" hypothetical road block

Its in Tactics and Training

From the article WyMark linked:

The protesters, Callahan said, "were a racially mixed and peaceful group, including women and children, who simply made a wrong turn on their way to protest in front of the mayor's house. There was no evidence that any of them had a weapon and no one I interviewed realized they had ventured into a private enclave."

I call bovine excrement. The mob was not "peaceful," and they broke down a locked, wrought iron gate to gain access to the property.

JohnKSa

Administrator
...they broke down a locked, wrought iron gate to gain access to the property.
Actually, in point of fact, they did not.

The gate was certainly broken at some point, but as I noted in a post above it was absolutely not broken to gain access to the property. There is video of the protesters entering the property and at that point the gate is clearly visible and it was unbroken. The protesters merely opened it and walked through.

Also, it's worth noting that "the property" refers to a gated community, not specifically to the McCloskey's property.

I don't know if the video still works, but in this thread on TFL where this was discussed, I posted a link to the video showing the protesters walking through an undamaged gate to enter the neighborhood.

https://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=607697

WyMark

Aguila Blanca said:
I call bovine excrement.

I see your bovine excrement and raise you an equine excrement.

JohnKSa said:
The gate was certainly broken at some point, but as I noted in a post above it was absolutely not broken to gain access to the property. There is video of the protesters entering the property and at that point the gate is clearly visible and it was unbroken. The protesters merely opened it and walked through.

This is, in fact, an actual well documented fact.