I'm Running Low

BigD_in_FL

There's a gun show about fifty miles away next weekend. Maybe I'll find something there.

FWIW, I noticed that the price sticker is still on my last bottle of 231. I paid $26.95 for it. I dread to see what another bottle will cost if I find any.

Thanks for the replies.

Since most of those are shotgun powders, you might try calling your local trap/skeet type clubs - especially if they have a pro shop - they might have one of those powders sitting on the shelf

Adamantium

Driving 100 miles and paying the entrance fee for a gun show? That probably covers the $25 hazmat fee right there without running the risk of price gouging or finding nothing. If you enjoy going to gun shows then it is a different story because it's more on an entertainment cost but I doubt an honest man can go to a gun show right now without getting a bit irritated.

leadchucker

I like going to gun shows. I've found some of my best gun deals at gun shows. I've never yet regretted paying the entrance fee into a gun show. I'm always trying to think up an excuse to go to gun shows. As an added bonus, for the cost of the fuel I'll use, I'll be close to a couple of good gun/reloading stores. I think my chances are good that I'll find what I'm looking for. Instant gratification. And who knows? I might just find me another collectible milsurp while I'm there.

OTOH, I could put in my order to PV, and wait, and wait, and wait, and eventually get my two pounds of powder at a twenty five buck premium. Boring. :p Which I may have to do yet if the weekend mission doesn't pan out.

hounddawg

on eh local price issue I paid $24.95 a week or so back for a pound of Unique at the largest gun shop in the area. The one closest my house always charges closer to 30 but those guys main business is to the skeet and trap crowd and I have never seen a "bargain" on anything there.

Daggitt

I don't think those prices are bad. Was already paying $20 or $25 a pound before all this craziness. On the other hand I also have two cans of IMR SR-4756 which are marked in pen $9.00 . Shows you how much it as gone up over the years. I think I got that powder in the 1990's.

Gdawgs

I thought I had plenty of 231. Then I double checked after reading this thread and I am almost out. Went to the gun store and they are out of pretty much all your standard pistol powders. So I called my dad back in North Dakota and he was able to find a couple pounds but he said the shelves were starting to look pretty bare there too. On the primer shelf(which was pretty bare as well), older boxes were marked at $35, but newer ones were marked at $58. Yikes.

I did find an old bottle of Trap 100 hiding in the back of my powder cabinet. I'm not finding much for load data on it, but I'll figure out something to use it in.

leadchucker

I went to a gun show today in search of powder. Very crowded. Lots of guns. Lots of buyers. Surprisingly, lots of ammo. More surprisingly, fairly reasonable prices. The only things I saw outrageously priced were AR's. The AK's were only maybe a hundred or so over value.

But... Very little in the line of reloading stuff. A little powder here and there, but nothing I needed. One guy had four pound jugs of Bullseye and Unique... at a hundred bucks each. Even found some Winchester Large Pistol Primers @ $36/1000.

I found one old cone-top metal can of WW231 for $3. It wasn't sealed. I would be afraid to use it.

m&p45acp10+1

Leadchucker I would have bought the metal can for that low price just to have the can. I like the older ones that to me look kinda neat. I would have dumped the powder on the lawn tough.