I'm done with Don Hume holsters.

Chesster

I've used DH since the 70s. But there have been times I had to buy from ebay or other sources. In order for a business to stay afloat, they can't keep a lot of stock (i.e., money) sitting idly on the floor in this ecomony. Not good news for the customer but a reality these days I'm afraid. It would be nice if they had a custom shop which could turn out anything for a small premium with short turnaround time.

icedog88

I ordered a JIT directly from Don Hume for a 1911 commander. All the local sellers were out. 2 months later, I placed a call to customer service to find out where my $26 dollar holster was. One week later it came in. While I love the holster, I won't be buying from them direct either. Next time, I'll just buy the brown instead of black as that's the reason I was given for the delay :rolleyes:

Fredo Batali

Don Hume Holsters

I have to buy Don Hume holsters from the local gun show. The fella I get them from has more in stock than the manufacturer. Go figure :confused:

De Oppresso Liber

ChileVerde1

Don Hume is the lower middle class of leather gear. I have been issued their leather gear for years and can tell you from experience some of thei stuff is OK and the rest is junk. I've always had problems with the stitchching and glue coming apart on their river belts not to mention a half dozen other problems. I guess it all depends on how much you use the stuff.

The duty holsters were OK at best. I still have one of their thumb break belt concealment holsters that's OK, but there are far better out there. If their new nylon gear that we were issued a couple of years ago is any indicator of their quality control or pride in their product, I'd buy another brand. Our handcuff and mag pouches would tear or pop off in the field (on skinny guys too) so my agency abandoned that stuff in favor of Blackhawk and Bianchi.

I guess years ago they were the big name in LE leather gear controlling a majority of that market, but maybe like a lot of other companies, they got too big or lazy in their success and their quality suffered. There are a lot of other fine holster makers out there that give you a better product for your $. Just my 2 cents.

Aaron1100us

I've used a Don Hume pocket holster every day for the past year. No complains here. It has held up very well.

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk

fivepaknh

Chile,
I'm not doubting your experiences with Don Hume's quality. I think the models vary in quality. I've mostly used their IWB Model H715 and I use them often. I like these very much with no issues of them falling apart.

fivepaknh

Boatman98,
I do have one of their OWB holsters for my LCR. It's not bad and it was inexpensive. Though, I think Don Hume's holsters for a similar model are a bit higher quality than Taugua. Don Hume's are a better fit and the leather is a little higher in quality.

Boatme98

Fivepakhn, Tauguas are from Argentina. The leather might not be as good, but the beef that came in it was excellent. :D