If your gun goes full auto,,,,,

If your gun goes FULL AUTO, do you...

• Hang on and go for the ride keeping the bullets in a safe direction?

Votes: 115 91.3%
  • Try to tie up the gun like hitting the slide stop or slowing the slide?

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Drop the gun and run screaming "every man for himself!"?

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Ask the Rangemaster for help?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Casey

I just had it happen today. CZ52 with a competition firing pin kit. There may be a little more work to do on that ......

If you want to try something exciting, try a 1400 fps 7.62 X 25 CZ 52 on full auto. If you don't know, the CZ 52 has the roller block slide action, and it seems to function pretty quickly.

There wasn't time to do anything but hold on and try to keep it in a safe direction.

The blast and noise from the 7.62 X 25 is enough to get folks attention in single fire mode; on full auto it REALLY draws attention to you!

Casey

P-990

Well, let me see. Boys, it could be the most exciting 2 seconds of our lives! Even an MP-5 with a 32 round magazine runs out really quick. Not 30 or 20 seconds. Like a long blast, and over. A handgun with 8-15 rounds is going to empty so fast you won't even realize those were your bullets hitting the roof!

dsk

Having a pistol go full auto on you is like feeling an earthquake. By the time you realize what's happening it's over.

C.R.Sam

For those who don't take inadvertant full auto seriously.

If the weapon is designed to fire from closed bolt condition and uses a striker...
Always a chance that it will fire out of battery...
And get somebody hurt with the pieces.

That is in addition to the occaisional loss of muzzle control and somebody getting shot.

Sam

MACMAN10

My Steyr

When the Steyr M9 I had shot a 3-burst, I didn't believe it.
So, I shot another box through it. It emptied mags FAST.
Every once in a while I try to shoot my M10/.45 without the stock, now THAT's a chore.

kahrma

Hey Kahrma From Shooters! How ya been old friend?

I had a Jenning J-22 that did 2-3 round bursts on occasion but not with any dependibility:( That gun would be really fun in full auto. It was a blowback so I think it was fairly safe to continue shooting it this way;)

Cheapo

I'm with Blade67:

Keep the muzzle pointed down range and try to put hits on the target. If that isn't possible, just keep the muzzle pointed
down range.

None of the poll answers fits my preferred response, so I did not vote.

RELEASE THE TRIGGER, then evaluate and take further corrective action if needed.

JeepDriver

Had a Hesse AK I sold to a friend that will do 2 to 5 round burst when your shooting it. You can find one trigger position that will empty a 30 round mag in 5 seconds. I know I know, shouldn't have sold the gun. But the only place he can shoot it is at my families place in WV!!! So I get to shoot it just as much. And I bought a SAR-1 to replace the Hesse.

george miller

had an sks that did this.just got the gun and i thought it was cleaned well enough.put in the zytel 30 round mag and after about 3 or 4 shots,it went nuts.after it was finished,took it home and checked it over.seems trhere was alot of gunk stuck in the firing pin.cleaned it with carberator cleaner.never did it again.