If you won a contest, what gun would you choose?

jonoboy

Narrowed it down to a few,

F2000
UMP
Tavor CTAR-21
Walther WA2000
Sako TRG-42

No, ya know what? screw it! I want em all! :D

model 25

Sorry to hear my 3 calibur UZI isn't exotic enough but to play the game I am sure I could afford to feed a 249 SAW. Seen em work and have shot them, all I would need :D :D

Scout Sniper

Alrighty then, My choice would be a: M82A1 50cal. /w a 10x Unertal Scope & 6 Mags.;) or an Original M1903A1 Sniper Rifle from WWI or WWII:D

in the FA range it would have to be an MP-5/10mm there just to cool:D :eek:

Last edited:

Leif

I'm not much into fantasy ... or Class III ... :p

But if I won, I think I'd go with old British Sterling SMG ... unless I could find an Owen gun, of course.

Short of that, I guess I'd be happy with a HK MP-5K or something in the SIG 550 series.

Powderman

Got another one....

I'll take a custom bolt rifle, built on a Stolle action, Kreiger heavy barrel, Jewell trigger on a McMillan stock, chambered in 6.5-06 Improved (40 degree shoulder), with either a Nightforce 8-32x56 NXS scope, a Leupold 6.5-20, or perhaps a good Schmidt und Bender 6.5-20.

(yum, yum, yum! Little tiny groups at absurdly long ranges.....;) )

Long Path

[quoteAn M16A1, the original design. I don't like the new stuff. ]Or an M2 Carbine...maybe both.[/quote]M2? Don't bother! It's just not that much fun.

Sad thing is, NFA legal MGs and SMGs are all 1986 or earlier technology. There isn't much in the way of "new stuff" available. :(

If ammo was covered in the cost as well, I'd say Ma Deuce.

Barring that, I've enjoyed shooting an M-60 at cross-canyon ranges, which is fun. But the ammo's expensive there, too, isn't it?

Hm. Looks like we're down to SMGs. I sure have appreciated the quality of a HK subgun like an MP-5 with a can on it (do I get the can in the deal?). Sadly, I don't think any of the 10mms were made early enough. :( The plethora of uppers available for M-16s may just win the day, the more I think about it. Maybe an Armalite in .308, so that I could get the conversion kits to .243 and other fun small stuff. (Shrug) It's a fun game to play, isn't it? :)

Capt. Charlie

Moderator Emeritus
Boy, I guess I really am an old fart. With all the fancy newer gizmos out there being mentioned, I still opt for a vintage, venerable, WWII era Thompson SMG. That was my prefered carry in the service while most other guys fought over the then "new" M-16's. I'd love to have one today :cool: .

cpaspr

Choices, choices, choices.

Since he did say readily available ammo, I'd have to go with a Thompson. Got to run a couple of 30 round mags through one once, and it was a blast. Would love to be able to cut loose with a full drum now and then. Course, the barrel does tend to want to walk a bit, but with enough practice, who knows? I might be able to keep most on target. Even for a first timer I still kept 94% on the paper.

Webleymkv

I like historical peices. My list includes a PPSH, MP41, BAR, Bergmann MP28, MAT 49, Bren, and of course the ultimate is a Model 1928 Thompson Submachinegun with the 50 round drum magazine. On the more modern side, I'm kind of partial to the .308 version of the Galil, AKS74U, and the Skorpion.

RRR

I must be easy to please LOL So here we go... I nicely converted Ruger 10/22 and a Calico M-100 22 rimfire,M3A1 and maybe a 14.5mm Gepard M3.