If you could make your perfect handgun what would it be?

Adventurer 2

For a carry gun - a scandium, 6 shot, 3” barreled, < 13 oz, 327 magnum, j-frame.
I own the perfect 9mm - CZ Shadow 2 w optic.
My perfect 45 - make the above CZ in 45.

stinkeypete

The OP says you MAKE it, and it’s Perfect. Great Fun!

If I can already buy it, bleh. It’s not special or it’s an antique. What would you have a pistolsmith MAKE for you?

The .32 acp mentioned above appeals to me, too! Something between a “inexpensive” pocket pistol and “full out” Olympic target gun.. a nice .32 acp field gun.

jetinteriorguy

A Ruger Security Six with a Smith and Wesson smooth trigger would be pretty close to ideal for me.
This is easy. Polish the internals, put in lighter springs, and put in a shim kit. I did this to my GP100 and DA is better than any of my Smith’s, and SA is almost as good as my best Smith. Just go to Triggershims.com and get their kit. If you have any questions just call and they are literally the most helpful company you’ll ever deal with. Also plenty of videos on YouTube to help. The nice thing is compared to a S&W Rugers are so easy to work on.

rodfac

Civilian carry...a 9mm Browning Hi Power, and yep, I get that I'd have to dress around the gun and too, I understand the limits of any 9mm for the above purposes. Capacity, the superb grip that many try to emulate, but none succeed, and a weight to power ratio that's optimum.

For hunting, back up in bear country, or dispatching sick/ crippled stock...a .44 Magnum in a gun that's light enough to carry all day...currently that's a Smith model 69.

YMMv, Rod

Armybrat

I already have the best .32 revolver I’ve ever wanted..

Attachments

• 78A0D9F6-937D-4174-B4EC-1AA5C42C67CE.jpeg
    78A0D9F6-937D-4174-B4EC-1AA5C42C67CE.jpeg
    586.8 KB · Views: 57

KyJim

When I first read the thread title, I thought we were talking theoretical handguns, not real ones. My theoretical handgun would have a powerful, light-weight battery that could generate a pulse strong enough to launch a 55-grain .223/5.56 bullet out of a four-inch barrel at 3,200 fps. Since a cartridge and powder would be unnecessary, I think you could get 10+ rounds into a magazine and the gun would still be concealable. Essentially, it would be a mini-railgun and would not require a suppressor.

Sarge

I'd hate to put anybody out, so I could settle for a 4 1/2" New Service 44 Special with stags on it.

https://www.gunauction.com/buy/8911918

c3b04b50a1489d7360f6cbe63f406d1b.jpg

pete2

Mine would be a 686 built by S&W in 1955, since this is make believe! The 686 would be a great gun built by craftsmen instead of the assemblers of today.

Onward Allusion

10 shot revolver based off of the S&W N-Frame or Taurus Large Frame chambered in 327 Federal Magnum with a full lugged 4" barrel, preferably in matte stainless.

Onward Allusion

mrt949
Revolver 8 round 3" 9mm ,357 single cylinder .

Can kind of be done with the S&W 627. Not quite 3" but 2 5/8" barrel. Cylinder can be cut to accept 9mm ammo. The catch is that 38/357 cases can't be reloaded when fired in this customized cylinder. Can be done for less than $500 by TK Custom. Check it out...

https://tkcustom.com/services/machining-sw

I looked into this but decided against it because I reload and it would not be worthwhile for me.

ballardw

Plastic double stack wonder gun in 7.62x25.
I have 7.62x25 1911 style barrel I haven't quite gotten brave enough to try in my TCM 22/9mm with double stack magazines. Need some bullets a bit shorter than the 85grain to load to the magazine length but will hopefully work out.

Cosmodragoon

I'd like a good, compact, decocker-only, hammer-fired DA/SA carry gun that is easy to carry and fun to shoot.

No, the XDE doesn't do it for me. It's 2021. The P365 is a thing. Do something like that, but with the above features. Heck, a polymer-framed version of the P239 would be acceptable. Just throw us a bone.

tomrkba

1) I would like a 10 round capacity 1 1/2 stack 1911 with as short of grip as possible and 4 1/4” barrel.

2) Take a Glock 17. Change the outside to look exactly like a 1911. Modify it for a single action trigger and thumb safety.

3) Build a 1911 around the Glock 19 and Glock 30 magazines.