If you bought a Norinco .45, what parts would you replace?

tator

I have a new pic coming soon. My plan for this gun was a cheap test builder. I got mine for $300 with 1/2 of the parts non-stock. Since then I'm into the price of a Kimber Classic Blue or SA Loaded, if I had either of those I would still replace things.:D

Anyway as the final experiment, I ordered Brownell's bake-on gun coatings and decided I better coat my frame before rust decided to ruin my day. And as my first test I must say it didn't turn out that bad. Except for priming the spray can, which sprayed foam on parts of my frame. So there I was 5 seconds after starting wet sanding the clumps and run marks off.

After about 4 hours in and out of the oven I believe I have a very unique gun...

pic soon to come
:D

mini14jac

Tator,
What bake on coating did you get ?
Did you use the GunKote?
I've used the Teflon coating on some AR mags, and it worked well.
If I did go with the Norinco, it would need a new coating, and the GunKote was what I was considering.

I would love to see those pics.

BK-BHP/1911

On my full size Norinco the only thing I've changed are the sights.
I agree with others: if the gun is accurate and reliable and you aren't getting bitten by the hammer/slide just leave it as is. I do find the sights small so I will change those.

The above formula is for a no nonsense, purely defensive gun.;)

I plan to pick up a Norinco compact and send it to a smith for the following:
dehorning
Heinie sights
trigger pull if needed
ambi safety
polymer finish
maybe a match barrel

Are these needed...nope. But I like it!!!!:D

Gewehr98

Norinco Frame & Slide.

Kart Barrel, Videcki trigger, McCormick lockwork, Kart barrel, Bo-Mars, dehorned, parkerized, Hogues.

gookcupskinner.jpg

Gewehr98

Oops, this wasn't a Norinco.

Duh, I only have the one Norinco above. Caspians don't count. My bad. :(

Last edited: