Ideal Hunting Trip.

72gator

Anticosti Island off the coast of Nova Scotia has been my whitetail Mecca for a long time now. I hope to go there with my Dad.

Joe

moosemike

I've heard bad reports about Anticosti. I was seriously talking to an outfitter there but a guy I know told me he hunted Anticosti and came home empty handed. He said a lot of the guys he hunted with came home empty too because the guide just told them to walk trails. Well the trails were full of boot tracks from the hunters before and the deer knew to avoid the trails. He said they hardly saw any deer and the guide wouldn't let them do anything else.

Bigfatts

My dream would be Africa, I don't care much where. I would start with a couple Warthogs, maybe an Antelope or two. Then would come close in Cape Buffalo. I would finish with an on-land Hippo. I would be shooting a Searcy .470NE double for the big stuff, with either a .550 Express or .470 Capstick as a tag-a-long gun. For the smaller stuff I would go with an old Euro stalking rifle, single shot break action in either 6.5x57r or .30-06. And since this is a dream hunt we're talking about, Peter Capstick would be my guide/back up. :cool:

Since this is the real world I will likely end up with a trophy hog hunt in South Florida somewhere. Maybe somewhere out west for Pronghorn if I'm lucky :eek:

Old Grump

Member in memoriam
Big pontoon boat, native guide crew, preferably a family, fishing gear, crossbow, custom built single shot 8MM-06 and a tributary of the Amazon, let the guides choose one for me. No phone, no radio, nothing electric or electronic near me except the battery and ignition system of the boat. Other than lots of DEET and ammo nothing modern on or around me, live off the river/land.