I need a Better CCW IWB ASAP

I love my VM2 from Milt Sparks and it carries a full-size BHP better than the Galco Deep Cover carries the lighter and smaller Glock 26.

Having said that, it works best with really slim guns so I don't know if it is suitable for a revolver. You are also unlikely to get anything made by Sparks ASAP since they generally have long waits.

Correia

I use one of Gunslinger's bellybands year round. I don't think they make it any hotter, but I wear mine around my waist with the gun in an IWB position. This allows me to tuck my shirt in over the gun (with no straps) and when I cinch my belt up, it is very secure.

Ben Shepherd

Contact Don Hume direct. they should be able to have you one in 2-3 days under $50. If you explain your situation one of thier tech people can get you set up correctly.

I was in your situation a year ago, problem was handled start to finish in 3 days.

Last edited:

Jamie Young

As long as the weather is Cold I can carry My Colt or Beretta in My shoulder Holster. The Talon IWB is $80 a little high but I like them. I've been looking at the bell bands for My Carrying My colt. But I'm not sure about them. Let me think about this a little more.

What do they mean by:

Open Top Left
Open Top Right
Pull Threw Left
Pull Threw Right??????????????????

J.T.King

Let me second Don Hume...

I needed a rush holster right before christmas and they had the exact model I needed (so long as I wanted black! :p), and got it to me in 3 days - even though their official policy is 2-4 weeks I think.

CALL THEM. They will do everything they can to get you a rush holster if you need it. I believe that they even bump back holsters from people who can wait to help fill their rush orders.

As to the holster itself, it was an excellent quality unlined holster for less than $60.

Sounds like exactly what you are looking for!

JT

as usual, YMMV, IMHO, FWIW, and all that...

pocketman

38 snubby holster?=pocket

Hey sodapop,
There are many,many choices for IWB holsters and you have received alot of good info, Unless I missed it, Have you considered a pocketholster?

This is the way I carry daily and I am in a similar buisiness as you.
For constant bending,lifting,loading etc. in and out of different locations, in and out of truck etc. I think a pocket holster is your best choice for daily carry. Works just as well in shorts. If your snubby is an all steel model, it probally weights 18-23oz loadded, It may seen to heavy for pocket carry, but give it a shot,wear a thick/sturdy belt and after a few days you will become acclimated to the weight and forget its there.;)

Start with a cheap uncle mikes pocket holster size 3, for about $10.00 and after a few weeks of getting used to this mathod of carry, besure you like it and order a safariland pocket holster from www.holsters.com. for about $30.00 (or you could just order the safariland pocket holster now,because i'm sure you'll be happy with this method.):)

Eric Larsen

I have kydex and leather...in your situation...get a Kydex that is a total concealment model, Bladetek UCH or Comp-tac Tucker model...they will both work with shorts and tee shirts in the summer....as long as you wear a belt. And you CAN adjust them to be tight enough to retain you gun.....even upside down and shaken, as stated by Onslaught.....(if you have a BG that is big enough to turn you upside down and shake you, you had better have a Casull......;) )

Shoot well

Jamie Young

I looked into the Pocket Holster thing when I was shopping for a 38 Special a few months ago. I ended up picking up this gun and its a little big for Pocket carry. I prefer to have a gun up front IWB because I tend to have My back turned to people.

You've all given me so much to look at. I'd like to go with the Talon but its a bit steap. Oh well I'm running out of time:eek: I'll make up My Mind by tomorrow night.

Sarge55

$80 for an Allessi Talon???? You had better contact the appropriate law enforcement authorities so they can proceed with the investigation into this ROBBERY........ Just out of curiosity ?????????? Who sells them for $80 ???

FOR THE REAL DEAL try this URL :

http://www.rfholsters.com

The Allessi Hard Shell Talon costs $45 plus $5 shipping (USPS Priority Mail) NOT $80 ! This, my friend is a true custom holster by a true Craftsman, Lou Allessi.

The Talon is an excellent IWB holster which is secure. durable, comfortable and inexpensive for as custom made holster. They're aren't many better out there.

GREAT IWB Holster, and I quarantee you'll love it !

BTW, I'm not related to Mr. Allessi, nor am I employed by him

Go ahead, take a chance. I'll tell you what... If you don't like it. I may buy it from you if it's right handed.
Anyway, best of luck with any of the holsters you may pick!

Sarge55

Sarge55

SodaPop...
I just emailed you the page from R.F's catalog. It's still $45 plus $5 shipping! Could it be that we're talking about two different holsters?

Sarge55