I might have a Ruger 77\44 with fliers.

44 AMP

Staff
Just out of curiosity, why is 3 shots of .44 Mag in an inch not good enough??

You have a carbine sporter and those are not intended to be benchrest or match guns consistent with long shot strings.

I don't agree with heat.

This is easy enough to check. Fire your three shots close together, and then take a "coffee break" and return to shooting when the rifle is again cold. Then see where shot #4 goes. If it goes into the same tight group the earlier shots did, then there's a good case for heat being the cause of the flyer.

BornFighting88

I looked at the Boyd stocks. they put a lot of details to make them look good. Infact I'm looking for a solid bred stock that will improve the accuracy. I don't see any thing to improve bedding. Also the but pads don't impress my tender shoulder.

Even though I do appreciate all your input. I will keep hunting for a Ruger 77/44 stock with my requirements.
You can buy an upgraded pad, last I checked. Bedding options are pillar bedding from Boyd’s. The laminate is easy enough to work with. I had to open up the receiver pocket for my Dumoulin 98, and it was a dream to work with. No delamination, just need to re-seal it. Also need to open the barrel channel, as they only cut it for a military barrel at Boyd’s. But its a dream to work with, and like I said, you can buy an upgraded pad right from them. You can get a thicker Kick-EEZ, or a 1” Decelerator I think.