I may buy an Arcus 98DA and 98DAC opinions wanted

bspillman

I had one a while back I probably put close to ,2500 rounds through it before I sold it. only failure I ever had with it was the mag spring got weak and it quit ejjecting. I bough a bhp mag and it ran fine. Great little secret in handguns. Better than any glock I have ever shot.

djcantr

I picked up my new Arcus 98DA today. It was packed in cosmoline and after a good cleaning and oiling it's ready to shoot. I've only dry fired it, but the DA trigger seems to leave a lot to be desired (haven't shot it yet). I'll try to hit the range tomorrow and see how it shoots. I'm hoping the trigger will smooth out. I paid under $350 out the door, so if it ends up being a good shooter then it's a fantastic value!

djcantr

I stopped by the range today and shot a couple hundred rounds through my new 98DA. I like it. No malfunctions. I even shot a couple boxes of steel-cased Monarch that somebody gave me with no problems. When shooting rapid fire though a whole mag I was able to make all head shots at 7 yards. It seems to be as accurate as I am and was quick to reacquire the target after each shot. I am happy with my purchase.

The pistol is advertised as the mags having a 15 round capacity. I was able to put 16 rounds in each mag and they functioned flawlessly. Will it harm anything to load the mags with 16 rounds instead of 15? Are mags available for purchase from anywhere besides Century? I went to order a couple extra from them but shipping was going to be $28 for two mags. Pretty steep. I might see if my LGS can order a couple for me with the next order he places.