I love my local pawn shop!

woad_yurt

I went to my favorite inexplicably-way-overpriced-or-way-underpriced pawn shop found a frickin' beauty of a 5" 1968 Model 10-5. It shows no wear except for the faintest of turn lines, even with a magnifying glass. It also has a tiny spot on the trigger but that's it. I bought it for only $359.00.

On the left side, it's stamped "TWC 5265." I found another guy online who had TWC 5227 (same barrel, same nickel, same everything.) He got a letter from S&W which said that his was originally sent to Goddard Space Command at Nasa for the Wackenhut Corporation, which was doing all of the security work there. I'm going to call Wackenhut on Monday to see if they have any records before I pay $50.00 for a S&W letter.

This thing is sweet, sweet, sweet.

SWModel10-5nickel02.jpg

SWModel10-5nickel01.jpg

model18

these things really shoot very well w/o all the bells and whistles!. mine is 4in. but shoots like a target pistol with the right ammo. It likes 148 gr. wadcutters and 158 gr. lead RN.

SWMP.jpg

stevieboy

Truly nice. I don't own a 10 although I'd like to. I've fired 'em however and they are as accurate as any handgun made. The balance of these pieces is incredible. You might consider losing the Pachmayrs and replacing them with Magna grips. I use Pachs on my .357s but I find that all of that rubber is kind of unnecessary on a .38. Try shooting it with 148gr. wadcutters and post a range report, please.

huntinaz

Nice pistol!

Just as an FYI Wackenhut doesn't exist anymore.
Don't know if it's the same company, but Wackenhut is a security company that drives transport for border patrol down in southern AZ.

David the Gnome

It's the same company:

"The Wackenhut Corporation is a security services firm. Founded in 1954, in Coral Gables, Florida, by George Wackenhut and three partners (all former FBI agents), the company is now headquartered in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida.[1] The company is planning to move its headquarters to Jupiter, Florida in 2011.[2]
In 2002 the company was acquired for $570 million by Danish corporation Group 4 Falck (itself then merged to form British company G4S in 2004).[3] In 2010, G4S Wackenhut is changing its name to G4S Secure Solutions to reflect new business model.[4] [5]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wackenhut

Carry_24/7

Good find. My local pawn shops (Orange Park, Florida) are ridicuous in pricing their used guns. I've even brought them pricing from the internet, Academy Sports, and other spots to show they are way over-pricing, and they refuse to bend. I've even left my card in case they change their mind; and no bites.

I have no idea whos paying those prices, but i'd love to know.

DiscoRacing

One of my local shops calls me when they get a gun in that they think I will be interested in... last time they called last fall I was rabbit hunting when they called me to say that they had a new S&W 44PC..and they held it for my until monday when I could go in and check it out.

woad_yurt

Forget the gun, I am much more interested in hearing about the banana harmonica you are using to hold it up.

It's absolutely useless as a harmonica (almost completely atonal) but it's perfect for holding handguns up for photo-taking. It cost a nickel at a garage sale.

Woad Yurt:

When I was selling guns for B & B saled in Westminster, California, on my day off I stopped by a Fullerton, California pawn shot. They had a used AP 9' for sale for fifty dollars more than I was selling new guns for. Most pawn shops buy cheap and sell high. I'm glad that you found an honest pawn shop.

Semper Fi.

Gunnery sergeant
Clifford L. Hughes
USMC Retired

aarondhgraham

That tapered barrel is sexy,,,

The bull barrel on most of the shiny K-frame guns,,,
Is what keeps me from owning them.

Yours is a beauty,,,
I'm envious.

Aarond