I have a pit int my m92 pap ak pistol :( only 200 rounds life

9mm

I am going to the range in the morning and I was doing an inspection of my firearms and notice a pit at the very end of my pap am pistol :( paid $700ish only got 200 rounds out of it. I am very ocd about cleaning I spend about an hour on cleaning all my guns. I shot it last summer. That means I should have been regularly inspecting them even when I wasn't shooting...

Very sad no idea what to do, out $700 right now?
The pit is on the twist part of that helps. Not too deep but noiceable

9mm

Took pic but it won't let me upload for some strange reason.

It's only on the one spot at the tip of the barrel, odd though. Always used wolf non corrosive ammo too. Surprised it didn't seap around more and hit another part of the guns barrel.

Less learned always inspect firearms before shooting!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

DPris

Member Emeritus
A pit exactly where?
You're not making much sense.

You shouldn't need to be inspecting your guns regularly, and a single divot somewhere on the barrel doesn't necessarily mean you're out $700.

Rust doesn't seep around.
What is the "twist part"?
Why can't you still shoot the gun?
Denis

9mm

:eek:

I took my gun today into my gun smith, he said it was the gas port.

I feel like an idiot... I never notice a gas port before. :eek:
It sure looked like a pit... Lesson learned ak's have gas ports in the barrel.......:eek: oddly enough I just never noticed it before

DPris

Member Emeritus
Never seen one of those pistols in person, I'm obviously not familiar with the front end on it.

But, I'm totally mystified about a "pit" on the "twisty" part of the barrel that's "not too deep" and can't be recognized as a gas port.

I'd REALLY like to see a photo.
Denis

9mm

I will post a photo either tonight or tomorrow when I can log get to my computer, I will be cleaning my guns tonight after this afternoon range sesson :D

Deaf Smith

9mm,

That's ok. I've been around guns for 45 or so years and now and then one surprises me.

You won't forget about gas pots now!

Yea, show us picts and let us know how it performs.

Deaf

DPris

Member Emeritus
Gas POTS!!!!!!!!???????

Cheese Whiz, baffle me even MORE!!!!!

Thanks Deaf, I needed additional confusion. :)
Denis

skizzums

start a photobucket.com account for easy picture posting. as you now know, there is supposed to be a HOLE in the barrel, not sure about your "pit" though

Deaf Smith

Pots.. Uh I mean PORTS!!!

Oh, and never ever put you hands on those ports, or pots, while firing.

Like a revolver's flash gap, it is gonna hurt alot if you do.

Have fun cleaning it and examining it. I think Youtube has alot of videos on how to keep it maintained (and alot of addons.)

Deaf

DaleA

Good on you 9mm for posting the answer!

This is a good example of why I like this forum.

And good luck with getting a photo of gun...most of the posters here make it look easy but for me, well not so much.