I got another 1911...for free?

dos0711

I was browsing the local gun trader and found this ad "1911 for iPhone". I'm like "okay, I'll bite". I rummage through my desk drawer and find an old iPhone 4 that's been retired. I used it and then passed it down to my wife who used it also so I feel I have gotten my moneys worth out of it. I contact the seller and he's game so we meet up and make the swap. Now I know it's not top shelf 1911 but I think I'd rather have another budget gun than a cellphone I'm not interested in keeping. Anyway, it's a Regent Arms R100, mil-spec-ish.
Here's a picture of it...it is the one on the bottom. The one on the top is my Metro Arms American Classic II. Another 1911 is a good thing! Oh and I took it to the range and it ran like a sewing machine. Zero failures.

Ben Towe

That's a smoking deal. I would imagine that the iPhone in well used condition is worth next to nothing. It didn't burn you when you picked it up did it?

grizz223

dos0711
I hope you ran that gun thru FDLE's web site for stolen guns that's to good of a deal to not scare me.:eek: If it's not stolen best deal ever enjoy it!!:D

SHE3PDOG

That seems like such a great deal, I guess that guy really needed a new phone. I wouldn't feel bad about messing around with aftermarket stuff with a basically free gun like that, but there's nothing wrong with keeping it as it is either. Maybe you'll end up really liking it.