I Drank The Kahr Kool-Aid

Joe_Pike

I know it's not as strong as the Glock Kool-Aid, but I went ahead and took a sip.

I sold a Saiga 7.62x39 the other day and was thinking about trying a pocket 9. I carry a 642 and am happy with it, but thought I might want to mix it up a little. I was interested in the Kahr CM9 because I have never been willing to pay the higher price of a PM9. So, I was getting ready to head out at lunch and talk to the guys at the LGS about ordering one when a friend at work stopped me. He knew I was interested in the CM9 and told me he had something he wanted to sell to help with a new car purchase.

Well, he gets back from lunch and has an unfired P9 with night sights, four mags (two Kahr, two something else) and a a Don Hume IWB holster. He said he wanted $500 for the set-up. It's not exactly what I wanted since it's not pocket pistol material but I bought it anyway because it seemed like a pretty good deal.

Now, I have to get to the range.

5whiskey

Fear not my child. You will never be dissapointed with your Kahr.

-Jim Jones

Seriously though... I love my Kahr. Iv'e been blessed in that I've never had a lemon in a gun, so I've got to say I love all my firearms. My Kahr, however, is my "working man's pistol." It goes almost everywhere I go when I'm awake, and it has gone bang every time I've pulled the trigger after the first magazine. Fantastic weapon.

chris in va

P9 for $500 is quite a deal compared to new prices. I'm not convinced the Kahr line is worth the elevated cost but my K9 has been good so far.

The grip may be a bit rough so careful about putting more than a few mags through it.

Ironically, I also sold a Saiga, just for a different reason.

PSP

The P9 is a great carry gun. Despite it's small size and light weight, it is still a fun gun to shoot scads of ammo through without discomfort. You got a pretty good deal, now go enjoy that gun. :cool:

MW surveyor

Before you shoot it

Go to the Kahrtalk site and look at the stickey in the tech section especially if this is a new gun.

Clean and lube as per the directions. You will not be disappointed on your first outing with the pistol. Also, read the manual. Load the first round by using the slide stop release! After you get a few hundred rounds through the gun, you should be able to sling shot when loading. The action is short and if you don't sling shot just right, the round/slide may not go into battery.

I've got over 2,000 rounds through my CW9 with the only failure coming with the first round. Sling shotted the slide, forgot what the manual said (doh!).

KW Gary M

I ordered my Kahr Kool-Aid and am waiting for delivery. I bought a PM9 that I hope makes it here soon. I want to take my first sip. I rented a CW40 and a PM45 a while back and have wanted a PM ever since. I didn't care for the CW but the PM shot great.

serf 'rett

You got a deal! He didn't have a second one did he?

I really like my P9. Since I shop in the big and tall clothing section, I have a large enough frame to pocket carry the P9. The pistol is surprisingly accurate for a short barrel configuration. It took me a while to get comfortable with the long trigger pull, but that feature gives me a higher level of trust I won't inadvertently knock against something and blow a hole in some part of my anatomy.

vyse.04

I have a K9, and love it. Sure it is a little too big for pocket carry, but that's why they made the PM/CM9. It is very slim, and accurate as well. Definitely a keeper. My experience with the polymer Kahrs wasn't the best... shot a P45 that was a range rental, and the magazine would drop after two or three shots (not due to me releasing it either... ruled that one out VERY fast). To top it off, one of the magazine fell apart and the problem wasn't fixed with a brand new magazine. The gunshop ended up sending it back. However, the TP9 I shot performed much better.

RobertSB701

PM9??CM9??

I've shot the PM9 twice at local range...sweet little pistol! I really was excited to see the CM9 being considerably cheaper. My main hangup is it is not offered w/ night sights and the front sight is plastic staked in place. This I feel really hurts/limits possible sight upgrade as all other (I think) front sights are dovetail.

Doc Intrepid

I used to carry a variety of pistols and small revolvers, however, since purchasing a Kahr PM40 more than a year ago things have gotten to a point where it's the only carry gun I use.

It is utterly reliable, and small and handy enough that it fits into my lifestyle without much need for me to have to go out of your way to conceal it.

As spclPatrolGroup said: "It shoots like a big gun in a small package."

For general civilian concealed carry, with a couple spare magazines it would most likely be appropriate for any situation someone might find themselves in.

I've become a believer.

:cool:

Billy Shears

Kahr makes great little pistols. I really like mine. Through thousands of rounds the only the only gripe I've ever had with mine was not with reliability, but with my own left-handedness and the fact that the mag release button isn't reversible. I'm still looking for a holster that will cover the button well enough that I don't pop out my magazine every time I bump into something. Or, I guess I could just try to learn to be less clumsy, but that's not likely to happen.

bikerbill

Good deal ... been carrying my PM9 since '04 with no issues, no failures ... they make a good gun and charge a lot for it, no question ...