I Am Predator!!!

hogdogs

Staff In Memoriam
In not just the hunting realm but all of my life is spent knowing full well that I am among the top ten predator animals. My eyes face forward as do most predatory animals. I eat meat and understand that humans are omnivores. I am not a wanton killer of creatures as most of the top ten are not. We conserve our prey to insure the health of ourselves and our offspring.
When My kids needed "street training" a kitty that was "MINE" got out and hit and killed out side our front door. I didn't hold a kitty funeral, I took my young children by the hand and walked to the sidewalk. I said "See kitty?" Kitty got smashed for playin in the street" Followed with further talk about safe street crossing. Was I wrong for doing this? I think not? And I think seein' a critter they cared for made them wiser as bambi should have gotten when seeing his daddy shot.
Unlike all other animals, minus the apes and monkeys perhaps, we have the ability to love. This can be a painful emotion and animals in general are not suffered this. I have never seen a mourning dove mourn nor any other mate for life type creature. I know many understand this and some live it but these tree huggers are really a burr under the saddle blanket.
I hope they all stay stupid to the fact that the weak perish while the strong survive. If they are vegans... ALL THE BETTER!!!! I know I not only have a better chance out pacing one when runnin' from a seriously hungry predator and if the chips are all in... I AIN'T GOING HUNGRY EITHER;):eek::D...
Rant squelched...
This is based on what to say to a bunny hugger and that cute pic of the "BUNNY FAMILY":D
Brent

shortround60

I feel you and agree

HD, I grew up in the south and that is how my lessons were learned. A couple of years ago, some PETA psychos protested at my kids school and it really upset me. They were telling the kids all kinds of insane stories about how cruel hunting, owning pets, etc was. My kids understood that they were loony though. I feel sorry for the idiots. Man was given dominion over the animals of the land and the sea long ago. Progressive thinkers can try as they might, but that will never change. You are not alone in your thoughts.

rantingredneck

I once had a bunny hugger argue with me that higher apes evolved binocular vision to aid in jumping from limb to limb and it had nothing to do with predation. He also argued that no higher primates (other than man) were predators....

Needless to say he lost the argument. ;)

shortround60

National Geographic Special

If I recall correctly, there was a special that came on once that showed Chimpanzees form squads to hunt members of other packs. They even ate body parts from the fallen enemy too. It is funny how, the PETA types only want to paint pretty, cuddly portraits of the harmless animals.

OttoJara

I did p1ss off a sow once when I decided that it's 40 pound pigglet would taste better. She tried to pick the little one up with her snout, when it just lied there, she charged me. .357 round to the skull stopped her in her tracks. I was right, the little one tasted better, but, we still ate the mommy too. Oh, that was my batchelor party, mud runnin and hog huntin.:D

ddeyo1

Ive had a few discussions with some less than tolerable people who tried to convince me i was in the wrong. I spun theyre a**** in circles around theyre own loophole filled beliefes. The confused baffled i have no idea what just happened look on theyre faces when they walked away made my day. I then proceded to my truck and went to sit in my deerstand... ahh The joys of being right :D too bad theyll never know what theyre missing

davlandrum

Difference between a hunter and many Americans is that we are willing to accept the personal responsibility of killing so we can eat.

If someone is against hunting, and chooses not to eat meat, I have no gripe unless they try to take away my right to hunt.

Those that are against hunting and continue to eat meat are just hypocrits and not worth the air to argue with.

B. Lahey

Brentator.jpg

rantingredneck

Those that are against hunting and continue to eat meat are just hypocrits and not worth the air to argue with.

Well said Dave.

I'll also add that I've met a few who were anti-hunting vegetarians who ran around in leather birkenstocks. Ya' gotta wonder sometimes.........:rolleyes:

And B.Lahey........Well done..........:D

hogdogs

Staff In Memoriam
How did you erase the photoshopped face I had on there? Now everyone will know what I really look like!:eek::D
Brent

sneeker

I must agree, most anti hunting advocates sit down to a nice steak dinner never giving a thought to how the "meat" got to the store, on the shelf in a neatly packed,plastic wrapped container! Here's to meat in it's original package... Long may we collect it!

Art Eatman

Staff in Memoriam
Some years back, the wife and I were with some folks and I commented with enthusiasm about the next day being "Deer Season Eve". A gal at the table jumped all over me about the evils of hunting pore lil ol' Bambi.

We were at McCluskey's steakhouse on 6th St. in Austin. Eating steak.

I pointed out that I'm usually a natural food freak, while she obviously preferred her meat to be laden with growth-hormone chemicals.

Dunno why she didn't finish her steak...

shortround60

Game animals vs Farm raised ones

So called animal lovers are not known to be the brightest folks. I find that they are usually the folks that are entirely clueless as to how hard it truly is to hunt for food instead of just showing up to the butcher or supermarket. They should love hunters and require everyone to give the animals a fair chance so to speak. That plus the health nuts should love hunters too, as there would not be the jumping over of hormones at as the Mr. Art just pointed out. One final thing would be less zoonosis (transmittal of disease from animals to humans) like mad cow disease. I for one miss the days where I got much of my food from the back 40 of our property. I have just relocated to northern VA, but Mrs. Shortround and the shortroundlings are willing to move further south to get back to a more rural setting. My 10 year daughter even wants to hunt with me the next chance I get.

VaFisher

I am a animal lover myself so please do not put us all in the same bucket when making statements or call it the right way.
With that said I hunt just about any animal that walks except humans and hunt for food plus the experience of the hunt. I love every animal that I hunt and would go nuts if they were not here to hunt. My love for them means I would do whatever it takes to keep the animal free from the liberals that do not want anyone to hunt. It also means I would protect them to the best of my ability and feed them if needed or help with their welfair in most any way possible as long as it was good for them and us.

Art Eatman

Staff in Memoriam
I've been a hunter since I was a little kid, and that's a long time gone. I've also been a watcher, enjoying just sittin' and lookin'. And, a protector and feeder, as well.

Yard and porch critters around my place, here? Coyotes, foxes, bobcats, javelinas, raccoons, ravens, chee-chee birds, dove, quail. Rock squirrels, antelope squirrels and roadrunners.

You learn things. A raccoon when upside down in a five-gallon bucket trying to get at a handful of hen scratch will do a wondrous hand-stand act of levitation when poked.

A fox will eat cracked corn from beneath the bird feeder, and then later deposit evidence on the porch that foxes do not digest corn.

Rock squirrels and road runners will kill and eat baby quail.

Quail feed on through, staying on the move. Doves will eat until all the scattered grain is gone.

Look and learn.

Elk steaks sure taste good, though, and just lookin' doesn't do the job.

So I sit here at the computer and enjoy looking out the window at my own little zoo.

grymster2007

So I sit here at the computer and enjoy looking out the window at my own little zoo.

Me too! Just the other day the turkeys were walking through my property.... I stopped counting at 40. Deer all over the place, fox, raccoon, yotes, owls (western screech and great horned, maybe others), quail, hawks, vultures.... all in a little rural enclave on the edge of a one of the most populous metropolitan areas in the country.... I love it here :).

Never really hunted though. Grew up in cities and had no one to mentor me. So I hunt vicariously through you folks, then eat my butcher bought steak while imagining I actually procured it myself. :)