I am a believer in the .17 HMR

Death from Afar

Mal- yes, your quite right. It is an interesting phenomenon, but I am not convinced that the economy of scale of a rimfire round would affect pointof impact that much. A 150 grain to a 220 grain in a .300 magnum, definatly, but not so much in a rimfire. I wonder if the high revolutions of a small round like that cause some torquing as it flies through the air?? Hmmmmmmm....

texfar

Have now shot somewhere in the neighborhood of 400 rounds through my new 917vs. Only problem that I have had is with the scope mounts. Mounted Millet's high mount and could not get the scope to come to the left far enough to get my reticle centered close enough for my taste Am playing with a different combination today. Burris compact 4 x 12 AO and some different bases and rings. Am also doing my ammo comparison in 5 shot groups so I can settle on one to buy in case lots which are so much cheaper. Varmits must know already on my place that I have it. Have not had one show it's furry face in a while, but I can wait. Took it to the lease last week and popped some crows at some unbelievable ranges. Very happy all around.

Has anyone ever bedded one of these??? With the round shapes of everything, it takes some alignment to get it all back together exactly. Thought about bedding it..... Thoughts?
S/Ken

GUNSMOKE45441

My Marlin on a Ground squirrel hunt, longest shot 232 yards lazered, before anyone gets too excited it WAS!! a lucky shot.
Anything out to 150 was history!!!
P1010025.jpg

Trip20

These 917VS's are completely stock?

No after market barrel with a match chamber or anything along those lines?

I neeeeeeeeed a 917VS!!!!!