Howa 1500 Target Master

4runnerman

Thanks wnycollector--Thats the one im looking at. $699.00 at Scheels all the time. Yes it does look sweet. Im sure the snowking is also a shooter too. That one is all camo'ed for the winter though. I just can't make up my mind on which one i want more. Disco has a few,and say's they are all good shooter.

malletman1975

howa 1500

I had one of the hogue / how's 20" 308 rifles. A bit of tuning with reload / custom ammo and it would put 3 rnds in an inch at 300 yds. 5 rnd groups 1/2" at 100 all day long. The advantage of the 20" barrel is a pound less and less harmonics than a 24". Plus much easier to move in woods or from vehicle. Going to purchase another with removable mag. Besides if the action is good enough for weatherby who am I to question.

Geezerbiker

Howa rifles are made in Japan not China. The fit and finish on my .223 varmint model is outstanding. This one is one that came new with a Boyds laminate stock.

It is very heavy and I had to put a bi-pod on it to hold it up. I must be getting old. About 20 years ago I could shoot rifles that had barrels that looked like they were made from a truck axle just fine...

Tony