Howa 1500 Target Master

4runnerman

Hey all. Die hard Savage fan here.Buttttt..Latley i have been eyeballing this Howa 1500 target Master rifle. Any one had any expirence with them yet?.
How accurate are they?. I see they have a short 20 inch barrel also. Any in-put is great.

Mobuck

The Howa(or made by Howa) rifles I've had experience with have all shot quite well. While I do have an AR with a 16" bull barrel, I won't waste effort on a heavy barrel bolt rifle with less than 24" of barrel.

4runnerman

This rifle will be for Yote hunting in the winter. I was looking at the Snowking to start,but then the local Scheels got a Targetmaster model in for display. Wow-what a sweet looking rifle.

DiscoRacing

I have three Howa Now.... excellent rifles.

100_3181.jpg

4runnerman

Sharp rifle there Disco. Just can't decide between the snowking or this Targetmaster now. Snowking is all ready for winter hunting,,But that Targetmaster sure looks nice. Out of the box accuracy is good on them then?.

TheBear

My brother owned one, total crap. The trigger was broke 3 times, got repaired 3 times, broke again and my brother sold the rifle. Wasnt accurate at all, my old k98k shot better groups.
Well its made in china...

Oh im sorry, made in JAPAN.

Last edited:

wnycollector

I'm the happy owner of a Howa 1500 Varminter Supreme with a Boyds thumbhole stock. With FGMM 168gr SMK's it will shoot 3/4" groups all day long. It has a spectacular lite crisp trigger that makes shooting this rifle a joy. If I needed another .308 I would pick up a 20" barreled Howa Target Master without hesitation.

bluetopper

How is the Howa Targetmaster different from the Howa 1500 Custom Varmit Heavy Barrel?
I just ordered one this week with a heavy 24" barrel.

4runnerman

How is the Howa Targetmaster different from the Howa 1500 Custom Varmit Heavy Barrel?
I just ordered one this week with a heavy 24" barrel

That one i can't answer,other than the Targetmaster only has a 20 inch barrel on it. So you have not got your new one yet?.

4runnerman

No, I have not. Hey parisite. If ya don't mind,drop me a line when you do and let me know how it goes. I won't be buying this one till the end of the month and would love to see what you thnk of it.

Thanks

wnycollector

I just got a Gander Mountain circular in the mail and noticed that they had a Target Master w/ 4-16x44 scope for $699 after $50 rebate. It looks like it should be a shooter.