How SIG Sauer has Become the BMW of the Firearm World

Status
Not open for further replies.

RamItOne

Heh from the title I thought you were going to say they're overpriced, prone to failures and are absurdly expensive to repair.

TunnelRat

Jim Watson said:
I was looking at a BMW to go with my GGI P226, but I guess I'll have to stick with my pickup truck. Reverse snobbism is pretty bad, too, you know.

I guess you missed the multiple points where I mention that not all owners of either product are 100% like the people mentioned. I've owned probably a dozen SIGs. My best friend still shoots as his primary the first gun he ever owned, a German P220.

WVsig

No one made you read it.

You are correct I did not but one has to wonder why you felt the need to post it? Are you jealous of what others are able to purchase? Do people have to ask you for permission to start with a nice firearm when they begin shooting?

Re-read your post you are projecting so much onto these people. You really had limited interaction with them yet felt you know enough to judge their intent and their motivations. One again has to ask why?

I like the shoot and see targets but I do not use the circles because more often than not they fall off after a shot or two hits anywhere near them. For "people not in the know" they are too small and do not cover enough the hole made by calibers 9mm and up. IMHO Does that make me a rich BMW snob driving want to be newbie? ;)

Last edited:

TunnelRat

WVsig said:
You really had limited interaction with them yet felt you know enough to judge their intent and their motivations.

Which you preceded with

WVSig said:
Are you jealous of what others are able to purchase? Do people have to ask you for permission to start with a nice firearm when they begin shooting?

I guess that same standard doesn't apply to you huh? If you want to get personal send me a PM.

As to why I posted it, maybe I just wanted to share some observations I made? Heck I thought this was a forum where we had discussions. It seems some others have seen similar behavior and wanted to comment too. We can only have the 9mm vs. 40SW debate so many times.

WVsig

I guess that same standard doesn't apply to you huh? If you want to get personal send me a PM.

No... not really I am asking questions which you have not answered. I have not drawn any conclusions like you did.

I will ask again why the need to judge other people?

Status
Not open for further replies.