How popular are Smith and Wesson M&P's in your neck of the woods?

Webleymkv

They're pretty popular in southern Indiana. My local gun dealer reports that M&P's and Glocks are selling at about the same rate and XD's are outselling both.

Greg Bell

That is a pretty neat catch so close to enemy territory. I remember when the mayor of Macon tried to get the local police to switch from Glocks to Smith and Wessons--they nearly rioted. But that was back when Smith was in cahoots with the Clinton administration.

Logs

I love my M&P it feels good and is a good shooter. As for why not a popular in some areas ? I think it has to do with all the other polymer guns out there. XD does a lot of advertising on their guns. I also think people have had a bad experience with the SIGMA's and think the M&P is similar.

I have the M&P, XD and G19 it is like splitting hairs on which one is better or shoots better they are all fun to shoot for me.:)

Buds Gun Shop seems to sell the heck out of M&P's. I bought mine there for $369 when they first came out.

roadrash

I see a few at our club,their popularity is growing.They are a fine pistol,allthough I still prefer Glocks.

I think they will continue to capture market share,as long as S@W sticks with this platform, and gets away from their gun of the month mentality.

This will allow the M@P to develop a solid reputation,gain respect among serious shooters,shake the sigma stigma,and further distinguish itself as a top tier choice as a serious fighting pistol.