How many people have ever bought a gun because they saw it in a movie?

Laserlips

Absolutely:

This is probably ancient history to most folks but in the "original", first, best, whatever, "Getaway" with Steve McQueen and Ali McGraw one of my favorite scenes is when Steve McQueen (as "Doc" McCoy) is in a hardware store in some small Texas Town, with Ali McGraw parked outside waiting for him.. They are on the run from a bank robbery.

Two Sheriff's deputies slowly cruise by and stop when they see the car Ali is in and they are on the lookout for.

Steve McQueen sees a 12ga. pump HiStandard Riot shotgun on the shelf and asks to look at it. He says he'll take it, and hand him some shotgun shells for it.. 00buck?

Anyway he loads it, goes outside to confront the deputies. He makes them lay down in the street and throw their guns away. He then proceeds to make a wreck of their police car with his newly acquired 12ga.

I located and bought the same HiStandard model shotgun just like that shortly thereafter, and it still resides as my "bump in the night" firearm of choice in our bedroom closet.

It IS a pretty awesome little piece of firepower. (I prefer #4 buck).

J. Pomeroy

Rebeldon

Heck no! Not me! I'd never be so shallow as to buy a gun just because it was in the movies.

I have to go now and clean my Walther PPK. :D

Spenser

Yeah, ditto to the last one.

Though I like to think I was ahead of the curve with the P99, before TOMORROW NEVER DIES came out. I like to think Bond copied ME...:D

Rocked

Well, Im only 20 so still young and brash, but I bought a gun based off of a video game. The game was Metal Gear Solid and the gun was a Ithaca 37. I did a bit of research first and didnt want another 870 or 500 as my friends had, and Im happy with it.

Several movies/ tv shows have sparked my intrests though. As stated already Quigleys rifle and the ol Mares leg from Bounty Hunter. However I wont buy a gun based on how it looks on screen.

Driveout02

I wanted a Colt 1911 because of that last battle scene in Saving Private Ryan (not that I want to die with one in my hands). But that's all. My rifles and shotguns were purchased due to good value, or good timing.
~Jake.

obeatty

Bond

So no one's bought a Beretta .25 because of Bond? (It was his original sidearm)

I almost bought an M1A after watching Black Hawk Down...

collector rob

Bond is why I bought a PPK, and I got a good deal on it. Of course it is stainless, and his was blued, so maybe I need to look for a blued one.

rxraptor02

163504_thumb.jpg

The FOX tv show Bones:

Forensic anthropologist Dr. Temperence Brennan, was carring one of the 500's

I wonder if lady will go out asking for that...

'75Scout

I don't have too many guns, yet. I just turned 21 so my collection is slowly growing. And I haven't purchased a gun because I saw it in a movie. Although some movies have introduced me to new guns and sparked an interest in a gun I already knew about. If I see a gun in a movie and like the looks of it I will usually research it and when I see it in person I will handle it to see what I really think. Got to say the HK Mark 23 used in Tears of the Sun really makes me wish I were a rich man. Also love the M1A in Black Hawk Down and Remington 870 in Dawn of the Dead.

I get a grin on my face when I see Sigs used in movies, as long as they don't duel wield or shoot gansta style!

SD_Chop

i think glock made some money after the fugative came out. I never have done it myself but not saying i would, actually i wouldnt mind having 2 24k gold springfield 1911's like nick cage did in face off, make a good safe queen set

FS2K

Hell yes!

I got my BW89PDW more than 20 years after seeing the movie "Wild Geese" when I saw an Mp5 for the first time. Not exactly the same gun but I like my compacts.