How many Mosin Nagants do you own?

Amsdorf

I have a 91/30 and two M44s and...

My most interesting "Mosin" is a Chinese version of the M44 that a Vietnam veteran gave me, knowing of my interest in mil surp. The vet was an "advisor" in Vietnam in the early 1960s and during one incident where he was "advising," his team of Vietnamese soldiers presented him with the rifle after a firefight during which a VC soldier was put in a position never to need a rifle again for the rest of eternity.

It's a real treasure to me. I doubt I'll ever try to fire it.

My most recent acquisition is a M44 that has what I can only describe as deep burgundy furniture. She's a real beaut.

Hardcase

I've got 8

Two hex Tulas
A round Tula
A hex Izzy
A round Izzy
An M38
An M44
A Chinese M44 (type 57? 58? I forget...)

I bought them because they and their ammo were cheap and interesting. They're all surprisingly good shooters as milsurps go.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Josh Smith

Hello,

Folks tend to be surprised that I only have ONE*. I'm on the lookout for a carbine (no M44 or clone, though; I want it to be lightweight), but my one 91/30 has a roller-bearing trigger I made, one of my sights, and a bunch of other goodies.

With handloads it shoots sub-MOA and I just know where I hit with it. The handloads are fireformed so this keeps me from mixing those up, too.

I have a nice, 120-year-old Gewehr 88 sitting over there in the corner loaded, but I've not shot it in a couple months. It's the Mosin that sees all the action, followed by the .22 and the 1911.

They are all working guns.

Smith-Sights%20468x60%204.png

*Business sig line added for clarification to that statement.

Bamashooter

I have three

1953 Hungarian M-44. Fantastic shape and great shooter. #'s match

M91/59 Carbine. Was a 1942 Izhevsk 91/30 in another life. :) all #'s match except buttplate

1929 Izhevsk Hex Reciever 91/30. Beautiful wood #'s match.

They are all good shooters and get shot often. I have killed deer with them as well.

Pukindog

How many Mosins

I have 7

91/30 Hex
91/30 Round
M38
M44
Westinghouse M91
91/30 Sniper
M39 Finn
All except the Finn and Westinghouse are Russian manufacture.

Jeff

Last edited:

lordhedgwich

i only have 1 91/30 but i would love an m44 and a m38 and a hex (mine is a round) and a finnish one of course would be great

Screwball

Uno... a PU sniper.

Had a M44, but the bayonet was annoying in the safe. Didn't like it, so I sold it. Got the PU from Impact Guns, but figured to get back in the Mosin Nagant after I saw a project to make a 10 round magazine for it.

No interest in another, considering the USMC M1903 sniper reproduction I had built and the Garand I just purchased. Do have a Nagant revolver at my FFL...