How many members manufacture bullets for sale? Do you have a Class 6 FFL?

Do you manufacture bullets for sale? Do you have a Class 6 FFL?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NWPilgrim

Sounds like a great project! The more I reload the more I stare at those components and wonder if it is worth my time to get set up and do the work myself. Like you say, for the most common calibers and styles it may be less difference, but as soon as you get into the less common ones like .312", .250, etc. you can get access to a whole range of new weights and ullet styles. Good luck on your endeavor!

FrankenMauser

Thanks Jay.

I was hoping one of the TFL member bullet companies would chime in. I expected it to be Missouri or MasterCast, though.
It's always nice to see Berry's pop up.

And thanks for the link. I had pretty much decided to go with Corbin's equipment, already. There are only a few companies that are willing to deal with the average consumer. Corbin's is often viewed as one of the "worst", due to their unique dies and presses (and complete lack of interchangeability with most other brands), and steep pricing. ...But I think the end product and equipment longevity will be better. (And it seems almost every report I find for many other brands of swaging dies is talking about a die failure...:eek:)

Berry's MfG

Keep me posted on what you end up going with, It's something I have been wanting to get into at home as well. I like the idea of making my own .224" bullets from the spent rimfire casings, and will help get you off the grid so to speak.

Berry's MfG

One thing you'll want to do is source a reliable vendor for your lead so that you have consistency. Make sure it is the same exact alloy every time, this is the key to weights and OAL not changing every time you get a new batch in. That is why we are very strict on our supplier, or havoc breaks out in our swaging department when things are not to spec.