How many magazines came with your new gun?

Cosmodragoon

We were having a discussion in another thread that got off into the tangent of how many magazines come with which new guns. So I was curious. Have you bought a new gun lately? How many magazines were included?

Is this a factor in your buying decisions?

WVsig

Depending on model most come with 1-3 nags these days. NIB from the factory. For me personally it is not an issue. Budget guns often come with only one so they can meet a price point. Most of the time mags are available so if you need more you buy more.

Scatcatt

One for my Sig Sauer P938
One for My Ruger LCP
Now that I'm thinking about I think the Ruger 22/45 MKIII comes with two.

DubC-Hicks

G17 came with 3, G43 came with 2, Beretta M9 came with two, CZ75 came with 2, M&P9 came with two.

It's nice to get more, but it's not a deal breaker by any means. It's definitely appreciated when you get into guns with expensive mags, like the M&P9, FN's, HKs

aarondhgraham

It's only a deal breaker when,,,

It's only a deal breaker when,,,
The advertisement says it comes with two,,,
And you find out the seller has swiped a mag to sell separately.

I've only had that happen one time,,,
But it broke the deal and I left the pistol on the counter.

Fortunately for me,,,
I hadn't signed the 4473 yet. :D

Aarond

pcoutu17

All 3 of my recent purchases (CZ 75B Omega, Sig Sauer Sp2022, and Stoeger Cougar Compact) have come with 2 mags factory NIB. I have to say though, I didn't even consider the mags as a part of the buying process.

twister

Springfield armory has a deal. Two with the weapon, and two more on a mail in special. Along with a belt carrier for the two mags, and a range bag.
Pretty sweet deal. Sweet shooting weapon too.

oldengineer

Sig P229, Springfield XD9, Beretta M9, Sig P320, Walther PPS all came with 2.
Sig P229 9mm conversion kit comes with only 1.

UncleEd

Back in olden times, Colt only supplied one with its Government .45.

Then along came Smith and shamed Colt by providing two for the Model 39 or Model 59.

It took several years for Colt to actually be be shamed into providing two.

Personally, I think all autos should come with three mags and in the case of the Smith revolvers which can take moon clips, I think a dozen clips should be provided.

I know, it's not in the interest of the bottom line but..... :p

lee n. field

We were having a discussion in another thread that got off into the tangent of how many magazines come with which new guns. So I was curious. Have you bought a new gun lately? How many magazines were included?

Last one came with one. It was a 1911, so I did not anticipate any problems finding extras.

Is this a factor in your buying decisions?

Not really.

Lee6113

2 came with my PPS (nib). 0 with my Smith and Wesson revolver, haha.
It's not really a factor in my buying decisions. I can always get more if it comes with only one. And if it comes with extra then that's a nice bonus!

Skans

If the magazines are hard to find, then I want at least 3 with the gun. If the magazines are common, one will suffice.

TailGator

It seems that more and more pistols are being offered for sale with just one magazine included. I appreciate those that include two or three mags, but if it only comes with one I just add the purchase of at least one more, in my head, to the purchase price. On that basis, I suppose it is a consideration, but for most pistols not a big one.

2ndsojourn

"The advertisement says it comes with two,,,
And you find out the seller has swiped a mag to sell separately."

That happened to me at Lawman Supply. Bought a G19 and it only had two mags. I said I know it comes with three, so he put the third in the box. Then I noticed he had previously scribbled out the '3' on the label and wrote '2'.

A couple years ago my new Colt Gold Cup came with two mags, and my LNIB Sig P232 came with two.

Limnophile

My four CZs purchased withing the past four years -- three new, one milsurp -- all came with two magazines. I bought a third magazine for each of the CZ 83s, a third standard capacity magazine, along with two flush-fitting extended magazines, for the CZ 75 Compact, The two magazines that came with the CZ 82 can be used in the .380 Auto 83, and vice versa.

Number of magazines has not been a factor in any of these purchases. I like to have at least three mags per gun. If I wanted a gun and it came with only one mag, that wouldn't stop me from buying it; I'd just buy two more mags.

While the recent sane federal appellate ruling ruling Maryland's high cap mag ban unconstitutional is encouraging, as long as progressive politicians exist, high cap mag ownership is jeopardized. In my state, WA, progressive legislatos began the year with a flurry of gun control bills, including a high cap mag ban. I'm confident it will be defeated -- this time.