How Many Holsters Do You Have ?

Jimmy10mm

Presently I have 21 handguns, like any normal person. :rolleyes: I've always lived in urban areas, never been a hunter, and going to public shooting ranges has been my mainstay for using my handguns. I first got my ccw about 15 years ago and used a fanny pack type thing to carry. For the others I use a range bag that fits the pistol or revolver. Something to pack it to the range and store it in the safe.

Not long after that I got the pocket gun and holster. So I never have had a OWB but just bought a second hand Milt Sparks IWB for my Kahr MK40. Best thing since sliced bread AFAIC and I find myself looking for more holsters for other guns that I might ccw and maybe even a OWB for my M-27 just because. So just wondering if most of you ladies and gentlemen have a holster for each model or just one or two ?

PawPaw

I've been playing with handguns for 30 years and I've got lots of holsters. No, I'm not going to count them. I've got one filing cabinet drawer full of holsters, one box in the attic full of holsters and the ones I'm using now are in my locker.

The kids come over sometimes and drag home the odd holster. If you play with handguns long enough, you'll have a couple of boxes of holsters too.

OH, and I have handguns that I don't yet own a holster for. Now that I think about it, I have nothing to fit my Ruger MarkII

hogcowboy

You may end up with a holster drawer like the rest of us. I have at least 3 times more holsters than I do guns and maybe even 4 times. Not something I want to count if you know what I mean.:eek:

champ198

Im fairly new...just got my Glock G23 2nd gen yesterday and it came with a nice bianchi IWB holster...but i already bought a Serpa for it when i picked the gun up at the FFL ....and will be looking for a new holster cause i dont really care for the Bianchi

spacecoast

Not nearly as many as I have handguns -

Very old original leather holster for my Colt .25ACP vest pocket (with a cool extra magazine pocket)

Fobus belt holster for my Ruger P95/P345 (for training classes)

OWB holster for S&W J frame
Pocket holster for S&W J frame
Wallet holster for Ruger LCP
Pocket holster for Ruger LCP

Misc. leather holster that fits my Colt .380 Hammerless

TailGator

First off, I only buy holsters for carry guns. I don't buy holsters for range toys - leaves more money for more range toys.

And I used to go through a few holsters before I found one I liked. Experience has taught me to be a better judge of holsters, so the last time I changed carry guns I actually kept the first holster I bought. That is probably due at least in part to the realization that buying a quality holster the first time is way more cost-efficient than going through three or four cheapos first.

AK103K

I usually have at least one for each type gun that might see use.

Using guns of the same make can also save you quite a bit, as very often, the same holsters can be used for different guns.

If you play with handguns long enough, you'll have a couple of boxes of holsters too.
If you want to recover some of that money, EBay is a great place to do it. I had a couple of boxes of old holsters, and made out very well selling them there.

Its also a great place to buy good holsters for very reasonable prices.

hogcowboy

TailGator said:
buying a quality holster the first time is way more cost-efficient than going through three or four cheapos first.

You are absolutely correct. I bought a custom made job and that put a stop to the cheapo's.

Sixer

Since I started playing with leather I have gotten rid of all my "extra" holsters. Buying and selling holsters until I found the right one started to become a chore.

Most of the holsters I make now end up going to someone else... It's a great hobby, but it's seriously cut in to my reloading time :eek:

207Copper

Holster

beltside serpa for the range
galco for CC
drop leg for tac team

So I guess 4 but the last one belongs to the department lol.

Kreyzhorse

I have at least one holster for every handgun. I like leather and I like having both IWB and OWB options for some of my guns.

I've got 6 handguns and I'd guess I've got 12 holsters or so.

RedNeckWino

For my XD40 I have alot. But the wife says I have way too many for the rest of the pistols. Guess I have a leather fetish. Owb, Iwb, Shoulder, leg(ankle), drop leg(thy), snap-in-competition, chest on vest, built into laptop bag, front pocket, back pocket, plus more. Even have a winter coat with a built in holster. I take carry concealed very serious. Not even my wife knows when I have it or where.

Last edited:

egor20

More than my wife wishes I had bought, But, I don't mention her boots collection, and she doesn't mention my holster drawer. ;)

Old Grump

Member in memoriam
I'm with PawPaw, to many to remember and to scattered to even think about rounding them up for an inventory.......and I just bought one for my Ruger Old Army. Got home and found the ones for the Ruger Super Black-hawk 44 mag would have fit it just fine.

hoytinak

I recently down sized my box-o-holsters to just 3. My duty holster, an IWB for my duty gun (mainly what I CC in the winter), and an IWB for my main CC.

TCL

Three - the issue holsters that came with my Tokarev and Nagant and the one I use to carry my 1911. Well, four if you count the useless piece of plastic SA claims is a 1911 holster.