How many find themselves packing their wheel gun more than that semi-auto?

Don P

How many find themselves packing their wheel gun more than that semi-auto?
Having issues at times with regards to my hands hurting and racking a slide problematic I carry a J-frame or my model 10 snub nose. The golden years are becoming more and more painful.:(

rodfac

Yep that's me...over 50% of the time, I'm toting a 3" S&W M60 in an OWB holster of my own make. I feel it's enough for my usual haunts and get's the nod at least as often as my Sig P225A1, M11A1, or Sig's superb 1911 RCS .45.

Of late, the only exception to those carry choices has been a 9mm Browning Hi-Power strapped in Galco's version of the Askins Avenger. This holster allows carry high enough to be comparable to the M60 Smith, and it's capacity allows the Sig 1911 RCS to do double duty. It's a great choice once you get used to the higher draw height/presentation.

All of the above applies to true CC in our town or into the city. For daily carry while doing farm chores here at home, a wider choice is possible: Smith M69, Smith M19, etc. The preceding for the sheer joy of using their superb triggers and accuracy.

Best Regards, Rod

USSR

LOL!!!! Yes, those 64's are worthless... so are my model 19 and 10!!! No plastic, not tactical or cool!

Why, they even screwed the barrels into the frame and pinned them in place. How uncouth!:D

Don

JWM

Retired LE. Glock 17 is nice, but these days it rests in the safe 95% of the time. Seems a tad too much for just poking around town on daily errands. These days my three J frames in various configurations get the nod. Come full circle back to the wheelgun.

Don Dayacetah

I have more chance of running into a venomous snake, on most days.
So I prefer a wheel gun with some ratshot. They started making ratshot
#4 loads, which is nice.

The S&W Governor is large, but very light, and shoots .410 shot shells.
And it has a great grip. Rather handy, on the farm.