How many extra clips do you carry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bestbod85

I always carry my full mag +1 in the chamber along with 2 spare mags. does not make sense not to. the little extra weight is SO worth having a means to "stay in the fight" AND the abilty to clear most malfunctions just by having a fresh mag. no contest. if you don't carry AT LEAST 1 extra mag, you are chancing your life.... not something i want to do... especially since thats WHY I STARTED CARRYING IN THE FIRST PLACE :rolleyes:

bamaranger

No extra mag???!!!?!?

With no extra mag, how do you quickly and efficiently resolve a failure to feed or extract? (common language, jam) Most clearance drills involve removing the offending mag, manipulating the pistol, and replacing a fresh mag.

Plus, I lost a mag from a pistol one time, and was glad I had a spare to finish the day.

bamaranger

to answer OP

On my duty rig I carry 4-7rd P220 mags, +1 in the pistol.

Off duty and for SD, I carry a single spare mag, or one reload for a revolver.

k9cougar

Zombies

Can be real hard to bring down and they tend to attack in large groups. I know I've said it before but I think it stands repeating.:D You can never carry enough loaded clips.

revolverrandy

I carry 1(magazine) if that counts, but only because my holster has a built in pouch for it.I don't see a situation where you would need more than 1 .My mag holds 13 rds.If I am still needing more rds than that I must be in some nasty stuff

lunchbox

I would never not carry an extra because its a hassle come on guys dont be lazy
I keep 2-3 in my pockets

will I have a die hard style shoot out or have a gun failure that needs 3 mags not likely but why chance it when all you have to do is toss it in a pocket and go on

the what if is what I keep in mind that why I carry the gun in the first place

scottperk

Breaking news, there was a guy crossing a stream on a horse and
fell off the horse and drowned because of all the weights on his gun
belt. It was all the extra mags that killed him said the search party
team. "Just like anchors" :)

Might want to adjust your carry practice when boating ? ? ?

Status
Not open for further replies.