how many .32?

JERRYS.

I'd even trade one of my 642s with box for one of the surplus Beretta mode. 81 32s. I've become quite smitten by the cartridge.

Nodak1858

I picked up a couple of the 81s when AIM first listed them. Nice little guns, one looked almost new except for fuzz/lint inside. Must have rode in a holster most of it's life, other one had some bluing wear bit mechanically looked good.

Cheapshooter

Those 81's look interesting. I wonder why I haven't seen one on my evil gun shop ladie's webpage. Bet she knows I would buy it next time I'm up that way.
Actually, she got me for another 22 (magnum) a couple weeks ago.
Not going to mention it for fear of the flaming Lol. Just let me say I was Thunderstruck!

TruthTellers

"It's even worse for revolvers as .32 Longs are very old..."

Smith & Wesson was making .32 Long-chambered revolves into the early 1980s.

I have a Model 30 snubnose in .32 Long that was made in the 1970s.

Other manufacturers like H&R were also making .32 Longs into the 1970s.

Granted, they were not big sellers, but they were still available and newer .32 Longs are still out there.

Price? Well, that's a different discussion.
Didn't know S&W was making .32's up to the 80s, I thought they stopped in the 50s/60s. Still, any S&W from those days is an easy $700 or more, the extremely old S&W .32's are less, but not worth it IMO due to age.

H&R and Iver's should be under 100 even in good condition. They're not well made, they don't last.

Bill DeShivs

Late H&R and Iver Johnson revolvers were very well made, and will last as long as any other well made gun.
They were rather crude by S&W standards, but were good guns.

JJ45

I am far from doing well enough to have play money and all that let alone guns that don't have a practical purpose... no range queens, no safe queens, no bbq guns, just carry guns. well, while fiddling in my safe I realized that over the years, and years... I have accumulated four .32s.

I have two Seecamp .32s, one is mine one is my wife's. one Walther PP .32 that was to be my daughter's but she preferred her LCR .22lr. One LCR .327 for my daughter since she prefers the LCR gun and now has something that can be loaded with more umph than a .22lr yet still has soft recoil. Lastly, one Kel-tec P32 that I happened across recently and decided to try again because of how light it is.

anyway, if I'm not careful I'll end up with more .32s than 9mms or something. Has anyone else of meager means found themselves acquiring a lot of one caliber than you hadn't planned on?
I'm not too sure meager means has anything to do with it but I have four military Makarov 9X18s....I'm not going to run out of spare parts :)....the two East Germans were acquired during C&R availability days as someone else pointed out.

But these are true carry guns that get shot often. I don't need four but that's just how it turned out. If means were truly meager I would undoubtedly have just one.

TruthTellers

Late H&R and Iver Johnson revolvers were very well made, and will last as long as any other well made gun.
They were rather crude by S&W standards, but were good guns.
Admittedly I had a bad experience with an H&R a few years ago that has caused me to view them as badly made, even tho the top break I have is good, it's still got quirks that finer made revolvers don't.

That said, those .38 top breaks H&R made, the Defenders, those look like high quality, just stinks that they're in .38 S&W and not something that can use .358" bullets like .38 Long Colt. I wouldn't have a problem reloading .38 Colt cuz I reload .38/.357, but getting into loading for another cartridge as uncommon as .38 S&W doesn't appeal to me.

I forgot. Smith and Wesson kept making 32 long K frame target models or at least in the early 2000s.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Hdonly

I only have one .32. An Ortgies. It is quite accurate but I don't rely on it for home defense. Nice old gun though.

attachment.php

amd6547

Just bought a keltec P32, and I'm loving it...
What a smooth, easy shooting pistol...Much nicer than the P3AT I used to carry.
Liked it so much, I just got 200rds of S&B FMJ from SGammo.

ThomasT

anyway, if I'm not careful I'll end up with more .32s than 9mms or something. Has anyone else of meager means found themselves acquiring a lot of one caliber than you hadn't planned on?

All of my purchases were planned and yes I have bought several 32 caliber guns. My only 32 auto at this time is a Walther PP made in 1957 that looks almost brand new.

But I have 6 32 long/32 mag revolvers. Most I consider to be more trail gun than SD gun except for the 431PD I keep in my nightstand. My two Ruger Single Sixes are at the top of my list for favorite guns that will never be sold. They will be passed down to my two sons. Both are adjustable sighted 5.5" barreled guns I like shooting much more than a 22 single six. And I cast and reload for them so shooting them is dirt cheap.

PSP

I enjoy the .32 acps that I've owned. All but the CZ proved reliable and accurate. The CZ mags allowed rimlock. Added a Beretta 81 that has been a real joy... and cheap to boot.

OneFreeTexan

.32 isn't ideal, but neither is having to shoot a gun to save yourself. The great thing is even a novice can be handed a .32 and be acceptable in accuracy. I was watching a video of Ian McCollum from Forgotten Weapons doing a backup gun match using a .32 French revolver and he commented that it's such an easy gun to shoot that it was something that didn't require even minimal training to shoot it well.

Great, that’s all we need,...someone to say shooting doesn’t ‘require even minimal training’

"anyway, if I'm not careful I'll end up with more .32s than 9mms or something. Has anyone else of meager means found themselves acquiring a lot of one caliber than you hadn't planned on? "

Heh... That ship sailed for me a long time ago...

I now have as many .32s as I have .357 Magnums, and more .32s than .38 Specials.

SIGSHR

I have 2, a Mauser M1914, and a CZ-27. For European shooters they were the equivalent of the 38 Special Colt Official Police/S&W Hand Ejector. Powerful enough to slow, if not stop an assailant, compact enough for the average person to feel comfortable shooting.