How important is sd/es

I recall a friend of mine was majoring in primary education. She had a special math class for that in which the final exam asked them to prove 1+1=2. I suppose they were looking for some indication the future teachers really understood the basics.

stagpanther

I don't look for the absolute smallest ES/SD figures in the load tests I do--though they do give me a big head at times--what I look for is small variations in the two between adjacent charge loads which I take as a good sign of a "harmonic sweet spot" being found.

tangolima

I don't look for the absolute smallest ES/SD figures in the load tests I do--though they do give me a big head at times--what I look for is small variations in the two between adjacent charge loads which I take as a good sign of a "harmonic sweet spot" being found.
I take different approach. I change the powder charge in 1% steps to sweep the MV. If there is a range of load (say 2 - 3%) over which the poi doesn't move. That's the golden spot. I will pick a load in the middle and try to improve SD to make it better.

-TL

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

For those who downloaded my Excel file linked to in post #33, I discovered that when I moved the tables from the right side of the entry cells to down below them, I incurred an offset error of two positions. I have corrected the file. Please go back and download it again to have an accurate copy.

Sorry for the inconvenience.