How do you rate Micro Uzi?

PTK

adn258

Seriously, you need to stop offering "advice". It's entirely clear that you know very little about proper defensive tactics, especially from a vehicle. A shotgun is a HORRIBLE choice for close-range suppressive fire, especially when one hand must be used to drive - essentially, it's too high-recoil, too easy to miss with, and you get one shot with only one hand. Seriously, quite a terrible choice.

I'm betting you've never had to deal with situations such as these, so it's understandable that you think, as do most people, a shotgun is the "be-all, end-all" of self defense (as it is in the movies, etc.)

That said, again, a full-auto small caliber SMG/PDW is ideal for one-handed defense from a vehicle, especially when suppressive fire is needed for a quick escape. If you don't believe me, simply research what actual military forces use - it's not handguns, it's not shotguns. If that doesn't convince you, go research what security companies (as in, defense, SS, etc.) use - again, not shotguns, but SMG/PDW in a caliber that allows one-handed shooting if need be. There's a reason for it. ;)

Whereabouts in Montana are you? I'm here in Bozeman, and I'd be perfectly happy to discuss all of these tactics in person with you, along with demonstrations (with props, of course) and plenty of references in the form of books and even some old training videos I still have.

Tucker 1371

FN P90?

I doubt the availability is very good where you are but I've seen P90s fired one handed and they seemed very controllable, plus having 50 rounds on tap would be a considerable advantage. Just something to consider.

PTK

That would likely be ideal if there were more room. P90s, while small for what they are, are still quite bulky. Ammo/mags/parts/the guns themselves are nigh impossible to find in PK, though. :(

Willie Lowman

Firepower, do you have a MP5k? While I love the Uzi, it seems to me that a little H&K might work for you better than an open bolt Micro.

adn258

PTK

I live in Missoula here. I collect guns etc. I don't think that I would personally care enough at this point friend to have to be shown how to fire an UZI successfully out of my car i.e. or anything relating remotely to that lol. I feel like I can defend myself quite nicely as I go shooting almost 3 times a week.

That is a really friendly offer though man; I would be willing to learn techniques of increased accuracy or one on one defense i.e. not in a vehicle if you are willing to share what you know. I don't feel that vehicular attack techniques are really necessary in a state with Under 20 homicides a year usually totally unrelated to vehicle ambushes.

That being said if you wanted to go shooting sometime bring what you have and lets try it out; I love to go shooting lol.

--------------------- A little sarcasm and humor on the subject Below

I will add something lol if you get an Uzi or MP5 FIREPOWER guy in Pakistan make sure you get some dumb dumb bullets i.e. hollow point 9mm shells too. That way they can really be in pain with ripping holes and tear up. ALLLRIGHT!

Also especially in a dangerous state like Montana just in case someone has something like an RPG or something you wouldn't want a piffy little 9mm would you? Personally I'm getting a 40mm MK-19 Grenade Launcher turret installed in my roof. Also glass installed to stop a 7.76 39mm bullet on all sides is important. Safety 1st. While it may be more likely that I'd die in a car wreck, or cancer by eating fatty American foods, it's very important that you be on the lookout for someone about to attack you lol.

Austin

Last edited:

Firepower!

GSU, P90s are available but hard to find not to mention the ammo is near impossible. That said, Micro is also very rare.

Willie, I used to have SMGPK which POF version of MP5K made under HK license. I am thinking about buying it again. It is an option id Micro does not show up soon.. I have other MP5s but they are too big for what I want them for.

themusgrat

The problem with the Uzi is that it seems like it would be pretty hard to control while in a car, whether it's full sized or not, not that I've ever fired one. I'd honestly go either some sort of machine pistol, or just a semi would be pretty good. That said, nothing says "im going to really, really mess you up" like an Uzi sticking out of a window.

PTK

The problem with the Uzi is that it seems like it would be pretty hard to control while in a car, whether it's full sized or not, not that I've ever fired one. I'd honestly go either some sort of machine pistol, or just a semi would be pretty good. That said, nothing says "im going to really, really mess you up" like an Uzi sticking out of a window.

Again with offering advice when you don't know anything about the topic. :rolleyes:

Okay, you have no idea how EASY to control Uzis are compared to ANY machine pistol. It was rather amusing to suggest that a micro-Uzi would be too much, but a machine pistol (firing the same cartridge, higher RPM, and lighter, mind you!) would be easier? ;)

DT Guy

While I see the need for compactness and all, I keep thinking that an AR-based 'pistol' would be a much better choice than an Uzi, especially if the aggressors were armed with AK's and such.

Even an 11.5 SBR with a collapsible stock, though larger, would be much more controllable, and offer more usable firepower, than an Uzi.

While the micro, mini and full-size Uzi's up the ROF, they don't really offer any ballistic advantage over a pistol. At least the mini AR platform steps up range and effectiveness somewhat.

Larry