How do you rate Micro Uzi?

Firepower!

Hi
Based upon your experiences, how do you rate or what are your reviews on Micro Uzi?

I am considering to buy one for vehicle.
Thanks

ScottRiqui

I'll wait to see the more-knowlegable responses, but I think that in many cases, you couldn't use an NFA gun in the same manner you would use a "regular" gun. For instance, I don't think you can carry a full-auto pistol concealed, even if you have a concealed-carry permit.

So, I don't know if a full-auto weapon would be a good choice for a "truck gun". (And considering what full-autos cost, I'd be hesitant to leave one unattended anywhere but in a locked safe.)

RichC

Micro Uzi's are available in semi-auto as well. They are not necessarily NFA items.

I have one in 9mm semi-auto. It is reasonably compact, but by no means small. I can hit a plate at 50' quite easily. What I like most about it are the 25 and 32 round mags. It can hold a LOT of ammo.

Mine has never jammed. It is very reliable and solidly built. It is not terribly concealable, but I have seen small pouches designed to carry one and some extra mags.

Personally I like the gun. I like the history behind it. It is an interesting piece.

Best,

Rich

PTK

Also, some states do actually allow MGs and other NFA for concealed carry, Montana being one of those.

Crosshair

One thing I have heard about them is that the rate of fire is just too dammed fast, 1250 rounds per minute, making controlled FA fire difficult. It's apparently hard to squeeze off less than 5-6 rounds per trigger pull. Resulting in excessive recoil and emptying magazines quite quickly.

I believe that someone has made a kit for the Micro-Uzi that cuts the rate of fire a bit but I don't know where or if you would be able to get one.

For vehicle use, it will put out a lot of lead very quickly, but don't expect any sort of accuracy beyond someone at your window if you're shooting one handed with the stock folded. In a panic you'll probably put a few bullets through the roof of your car unless you practice a bit.

Not my first choice of weapon for such use, but hardly the worst. If the price is right I'd say get it and see how you like it.

gyvel

Considering that Firepower has already been accosted in his vehicle in traffic, a micro-UZI might not be a bad choice. I would also consider a MAC 10/11 in 9mm, or, if you can afford the ammo (and it's readily available), a MAC 11 in .380.

Crosshair

Considering that Firepower has already been accosted in his vehicle in traffic, a micro-UZI might not be a bad choice. I would also consider a MAC 10/11 in 9mm, or, if you can afford the ammo (and it's readily available), a MAC 11 in .380.
Yup, my biggest issue is the very high rate of fire that the Micro-Uzi has. I wish I could find who made the ROF reducer that I had read about a long time ago.

Willie Lowman

I would lean toward the Mini rather than the Micro. Both have incredibly high rates of fire but the Mini gives a little bit more gun to hold on to for control.

However, if all you want is a small reliable machine pistol that will put out a wall of lead, the Micro is a good choice. I would go with it before any of the Mac type guns.

Firepower, are you looking at an open bolt or closed bolt version?

MrM4

to fast to do much other then a few quick burst, fire rate is simulare to M11 with a mac Jack. Never Fired a MIcro but I have been next to them on the line they seem to be a close in tool / buzz gun. A mini would be more fitting for common LE dutys the Micro has very limited "useful" applications.

Firepower!

Thank.
Well the cost will be roughly 8000 USD here. I am leaning towards Micro since I have never seen a Mini around here. There are tons of MP5K, but for some reason I like Micro. I would prefer it in closed bolt, but not sure what I will get my hands on as they are very rare to in market to begin with. MACs are good but not available at all here. The only other option that is available is CZ75Auto, but somehow I feel Micro out classes it

Firepower!

Got the full size UZI...still after the Micro. Its become a must have, but for some reason its so rare here.

Here is a picture of UZI:

05052010098.jpg

05052010099.jpg

Crosshair

The sad thing is that $8,000 for a Micro is still cheaper than what someone here in the US could get one for legally.:(

Firepower!

Brother, I feel for you. I think depriving us guys of these toys is just criminal in itself. I am afraid we in PK is also heading towards a complete full auto ban eventually.

Both of us have price distortion, like we pay 3000-4000 USD for any decent semi auto and ammo cost is like a buck for a bullet. There is a trade off depending on where you live.

Firepower!

I have found one Micro, but at close inspection it turned that it is a converted from semi version.

Whats your view on that?

gyvel

Firepower, it seems to me that you mentioned having a Stechkin. no? Why don't you carry that in your car?